Apply for Aid
10 STEPS TO SUCCESSFULLY APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Before proceeding with the steps below:
- Be sure to Apply for Admission;
- Be in good academic standing and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and;
- For the most accurate financial aid information register for classes as soon as possible for the upcoming term.
Step One: Request, retrieve or reset your (and parents, if dependent) Federal Student Aid ID: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid. Your FSA ID lets you “sign” your online FAFSA, access and make corrections to your application information and more—so keep it safe!
Step Two: Collect your parents' and if applicable, your income tax returns, Social Security numbers, W-2 form(s), and other records of income and assets. Tax information can be estimated and corrected later if a tax return has not yet been completed. Get free information and assistance from a school counselor, the Financial Aid Office at the college you plan to attend, or the U.S. Department of Education at www.studentaid.ed.gov or call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Step Three: Know your Federal School Code: 003316
- Recommended deadline date: May 1 each year to ensure State Grant and March 1 to ensure Cal U Institutional & Endowed funding.
- You can submit the FAFSA as early as October 1 each year.
Step Seven: If selected by the Department of Education, ensure to complete Federal Verification.
- Be sure to retain copies of everything you submit to the Financial Aid Office. We take many steps to ensure your documents are secure and safe. However, from time to time, you submit your information and we are not in receipt of it. Keeping a copy of what you submitted can save you time and eliminate any unnecessary stress.
Step Eight: Allow 4-6 weeks for Award Letter Notification.
Step Nine: Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Step Ten: Allow approximately 3-5 business days after the add/drop period each term for your Financial Aid Awards to disburse to your student account. After aid has disbursed, the Bursar’s Office will begin processing refunds. This usually happens about a week to ten days after disbursement. The refund checks will either be mailed to the student’s address or deposited into the student’s checking account, based on what the student has chosen.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Phone: (724) 938-4415
Fax: (724) 938-4551
Hours of Operation:
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.