Interim President Geraldine M. Jones
Geraldine M. Jones was named acting president of California University of Pennsylvania on May 16, 2012.
Following a recommendation from the California University Council of Trustees, the PASSHE Board of Governors named her interim president on March 20, 2013.
Ms. Jones graduated from California State College in 1972 and earned her master’s degree at California in 1980.
She began her career in education as a second-grade teacher in the Albert Gallatin School District, in Uniontown, Pa.
returned to California in 1974, serving as program director for Upward Bound
for 20 years and as chair of the Department of Academic Development Services
for 11 years. She was associate dean of the College of Education and Human
Services for two years before serving as dean from 2000-2008.
In July 2008, she was named provost and vice president for academic affairs, positions she held until being appointed as acting University President.
A member of the Cal U Alumni Association board of directors, Jones has received numerous honors, including the Cal U Alumni Association's John R. Gregg Award for Loyalty and Service, the Black Alumni Association's Outstanding Service Award, and the Community Service Award given by the Minority Students Association at Penn State Fayette.
In 2010 Jones was one of 50 ‘Women of Excellence’ honored by the New Pittsburgh Courier, one of the oldest and most prestigious black newspapers in the United States.
Jones is a lifelong member of Mt. Zion AME Church of Brownsville, Pa., where she has been the church pianist since age 14. She has been married to Jeffrey B. Jones for 38 years; they have two adult daughters and a granddaughter.
Read messages from Interim President Geraldine M. Jones:
- April 26, 2013 - Accreditation
- April 5, 2013 - Honors Convocation
- February 15, 2013 – 12 things I love about Cal U
- February 4, 2013 – Campus climate
- December 21, 2012 – Happy Holidays
- November 30, 2012 – Spirit of giving
- November 9, 2012 – Emergency notifications
- October 26, 2012 – Scholarship Recipient Dinner
- October 12, 2012 – Homecoming
- September 28, 2012 – Dr. Sugata Mitra returns
- September 14, 2012 – Higher Education Modernization Act
- August 31, 2012 – Students and families
- August 24, 2012 – New administrators
- August 17, 2012 – Cal U for Life
- August 10, 2012 – New website look
- August 3, 2012 – Our scholar-athletes
- July 20, 2012 – Campus housing
- July 13, 2012 – Student fees reduced
- July 9, 2012 – 2012-2013 tuition
- June 29, 2012 – Career Services
- June 21, 2012 – Three furloughs rescinded
- June 15, 2012 – Internships
- June 8, 2012 – Study abroad
- June 1, 2012 – Core mission: Education
- May 25, 2012 – Financial diligence
- May 18, 2012 – Moving forward
Congratulations to Mikayah Glenn on her selection as the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) West Freshman of the Year for women’s basketball.
Men’s Track & Field
Congratulations to Morgan Huegel for receiving the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) indoor all-region honors.
Women’s Track & Field
Congratulations to the Cal U women’s track & field distance medley relay for earning the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) indoor all-region honors.