Middle States Commission on Higher Education Accreditation
California University is accredited by the Middle States commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
In order to be re-accredited institutions undergo a self-study every 10 years, and submit a periodic review report at the 5 year point between the self-studies. California University submitted the self-study on 2010; a periodic review report is due in June of 2015. The next self-study is due in 2020.
To learn more about Middle States, please visit the following links:
Previous Reports and Responses
Middle States Evaluation Team Report from the March 21-24, 2010 visit
Middle States response to Self-Study
Middle States response to Monitoring Report
Middle States Response to Progress Report
Periodic Review Report
The Periodic Review Report (PRR), due five years after the decennial self-study and reaffirmation of accreditation, is a retrospective, current, and prospective analysis of the institution. As an essential phase of the accreditation cycle, the PRR should demonstrate that the institution meets the standards by which the Commission reaffirms or denies accredited status.
The Cal U Periodic Review Report, due June 1, 2015, is being written by a team of faculty and staff. Dr. Caryl Sheffield (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Provost/Associate Vice President, Office of Academic Affairs along with Dr. Holiday Adair (email@example.com), Professor and Chair, Psychology Department, are leading the team.
Periodic Review Report Team
- Dr. Caryl Sheffield , Associate Provost/Associate Vice President
- Dr. Holiday Adair, Chairperson/Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Craig Smith, Associate Professor of History and Political Science
- Dr. Steve Whitehead, Associate Provost of Innovation/Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Daniel Engstrom, Associate Provost/Associate Vice President of Academic Success
- Dr. Matthew Price, Chairperson, Chemistry and Physics
- Dr. William Edmonds, Dean of Admissions
- Mr. Robert Thorn, Vice President of Administration & Finance
- Dr. Wei Zhou, Director of Institutional Research & Planning
- Dr. Michael Slavin, Professor, Theatre and Dance
- Mr. Loring Prest, Department Chair/Professor/Electronic Resources Librarian
- Ms. Rosanne Pandrok, Associate Vice President for Administration
- Dr. Stan Komacek, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Dean of School of Graduate Studies and Research
- Ms. Dee Stalvey, Executive Associate to the President
- Dr. Rich LaRosa, Assistant Professor Business and Economics
- Dr. Mary O'Connor, Global Online Coordinator for Nursing
- Mr. Timothy Susick, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
- Mr. Lawrence Sebek, Associate Vice President/Dean for Student Services
- Dr. Kurt Kearcher, Associate Professor for English/Director of Writing Center
- Dr. William Biddington, Professor of Exercise Science and Sport Studies/NCAA Faculty Athletic Representative
- Ms. Rhonda Gifford, Director of Career Services
- Dr. Paul Hettler, Professor of Business and Economics
- Ms. Stephanie Franks-Helwich, Executive Director of Graduate Admissions and Global Online
- Dr. Chris Harman, Associate Professor of Health Science
- Dr. Margo Wilson, Chair and Associate Professor for English
- Ms. Bobbie Jo Cetera, Administrative Assistant, Office of Academic Affairs
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.