Internships at cal u
Start your career while you're still in college.
Internships give you a competitive edge in the job market and prepare you for the workforce. They build your resume and introduce you to the professional world.
At Cal U, internships are led by University faculty and are for-credit courses. They allow you to "test-drive" a career, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and gain confidence in your job-searching abilities.
The Internship Center at California University of Pennsylvania will show you effective job search strategies and help you tap into the best ways to find the right internship experience for you, including:
Connect with paid internships and unpaid internships through Cal U's access to Handshake -a recruiting website and app with job and internship listings from 200,000 companies, non-profits and government organizations.
- Want to complete a Handshake Internship Application? Login and click "Career Center" on the right-hand corner of the screen. Click "Experiences" and then click "Request an Experience."
- Giving you opportunities to network with Cal U alumni and employers through our Career Network.
- Hosting internship and job interviews on Cal U's campus.
- Holding University job, internship and career fairs.
What kind of college internships do Cal U students get?
Cal U's internships for college students take place throughout Pennsylvania, across the United States and around the world. Our students can be found working in diverse locations, such as:
- Ocean City Police Department, Ocean City, Md.
- S. Small Business Administration, Washington, D.C.
- Razor & Tie, New York, N.Y.
- Interlakes Theatre, Meredith, N.H.
- Rosapena Hotel & Golf Resort, Donegal, Ireland.
- Archaeotek Archaeological Techniques and Research Center, Odorheiu Secuiesc, Romania.
Paid experience through Cooperative Education (Co-op)
Co-op is a University program that gives students in all majors (undergraduate and graduate) the opportunity to gain paid career-related experience as early as sophomore year. This program seeks to apply classroom learning to a professional work experience and allows you to:
- Sample or try out a career while still in school.
- Confirm or fine-tune your career interests.
- Earn money for college expenses; all Cal U co-ops are paid.
- Apply on-the-job learning to academic courses.
- Gain career-related experience.
- Develop professional contacts in your career field.
- Make informed career plans and decisions.
Have questions about internships or co-ops at Cal U?
Stop by the Internship Center in the Natali Student Center, Suite 138, or contact the Internship Center at 724-938-1578 or email@example.com.
Meet Cal U's Internship Center Staff
Director, Internship Center and Experiential Education
Administrative assistant, Career and Professional Development Center and Internship Center