Current Student Resources

Site Search

A Cal U Student walking across campusA Cal U Student walking across campus

Current Student Resources

Available Resources

Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education

Cal U received a three-year, $75,000 grant through the Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education, funded with support from the John A. Hartford Foundation. The overall goal of this funding nationwide is to educate and train social work students to work with older adults using a specialized field education model for students at master's-level social work programs. To this end, HPPAEs across the country will form a strong educational foundation to grow the ranks of leaders with aging specializations and contribute to the growing workforce demands of America's older population. This year, four second-year MSW students at California University will each receive $3,000 scholarships, and one graduate assistant will receive a $5,000 scholarship.

Applications for this program are taken during the spring semester of the first year, for interested MSW students. Applications are reviewed by a committee made up of both faculty and members of the HPPAE advisory committee. Placements begin the fall semester of the student's final year of field placement. The field coordinator discusses the HPPAE application at the same time that he/she meets with all students intending to enter their final field placement in the program. 

Graduate Social Work Student Association

The Graduate Social Work Student Association at Cal U encourages involvement and integration of the efforts of students to achieve greater academic excellence, student access, community support, political activism and social justice. It also serves to act as a liaison between the students and the Master of Social Work (MSW) faculty; advocate and provide an opportunity to have a voice in Cal U's MSW policies; provide opportunities for closer bonding of all students in Cal U's MSW program; and establish an organization that is practical and beneficial to students interested in professional rural social work.

Get Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.

Get Adobe Reader. Clicking on this image will take you to another web site where you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free. The site will open in a new window.