Department of Art and Languages
The Department of Art and Languages offers academic programs that build artistic, cultural and linguistic competence, so graduates are prepared for careers in local, national and global communities. Programs in this department foster critical and analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills, as well as individual initiative and responsibility.
Through the Department of Art and Languages, students can:
- Develop proficiency in Arabic, French and/or Spanish.
- Develop skills in visual arts, including ceramics, design, drawing, jewelry/metals, painting, printmaking and sculpture.
- Discover the role of art in the history of humankind.
- Prepare for a career in art education for grades K-12.
Academic programs in the Department of Art and Languages are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Science in Education: Art Education certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Arabic
- Minor in art
- Minor in studio art with concentrations in drawing, ceramics, jewelry/metals, painting, printmaking or sculpture
- Minor in Spanish
- Certificate in Arabic Language and Culture
- Certificate in Spanish for law enforcement
- Certificate in Spanish for business
Art & Languages