Learning paths for every stage, every age.
Find lifelong learning opportunities at PennWest California. We educate students at every stage of life, from high school through career years and into retirement.
Whether you want to jump-start your college career, take a course for professional development or explore a new field, PennWest California programs match real-life student needs and interests. Check out our programs below to find your PennWest California pathway.
Non-degree Programs | For Credit
You can earn college credit for undergraduate courses you complete at PennWest California without enrolling as a degree-seeking student. Benefit from PennWest California's high-quality academic programs: Take a course to add to your resume, work toward certification or licensure, earn additional credits, get retrained or just enjoy learning.
High School Early Admit [HSEA]
If you've completed your sophomore year in high school and you're taking a college preparatory curriculum, you can start your college education at PennWest California. Take on campus or online classes.
- Save 75% of undergraduate tuition for HSEA courses.
- Enhance your college application and be college-ready whether you stay at PennWest California or transfer your PennWest California credits to another accredited
PennWest California welcomes visiting students from other colleges and universities to register for undergraduate courses.
- Attend PennWest California for a semester in the fall or spring, or during Summer College or Winter College sessions.
- Choose from day and evening classes, on campus or online.
- We make it easy and convenient to transfer PennWest California credits back to your home college or university.
Personal & Professional Development
Take PennWest California undergraduate courses as a non-degree student. Take up to 30 credits without declaring a major and pursuing a PennWest California degree. Choose PennWest California courses for personal enrichment or professional development.
Professional Development & Personal Enrichment | Non-credit
PennWest California offers affordable non-credit courses for professional development or personal enrichment. Many courses offer continuing education units (CEUs) required for renewal of professional licensures and career development. Choose from online, traditional and hybrid classes.
PennWest California collaborates with federally funded programs to support workforce development and help workers who have lost their jobs and need retraining. PennWest California offers certificate, and undergraduate and graduate degree programs approved for funding under the following:
- The Trade Adjustment Act (TAA), a federally funded employment program that assists workers whose jobs have been impacted by foreign imports.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), which provides federal job training for adults and dislocated workers.
The Institute for Law and Public Policy
PennWest California provides continuing education for professionals in southwestern Pennsylvania through the Institute for Law and Public Policy (ILPP). Police, lawyers, correctional personnel, educators, regulatory professionals, CPAs and judicial personnel can choose from these continuing education opportunities:
- ILPP seminars and events, professional development courses and training.
- PennWest California degree programs: master's in legal studies or bachelor's in jurisprudence.