Dr. Lisa Kovalchick
- B.S.: Mathematics and Computer Science, California University of Pennsylvania
- M.S.: Computer Science, West Virginia University
- Ph.D.: Computer and Information Science, West Virginia University
- Expertise in computer networking
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) instructor
- Personal Productivity Software
- Problem Solving and Programming Constructs
- Computer Programming I
- Client-Side and Server-Side Scripting Languages
- Cisco CCNA 1, 2 and 3
- Theory of Languages
- Design and Implementation of Database-driven Websites
- G. Boff, G. DeLorenzo, L. Kovalchick, and P. Sible (2008). Leveraging Academic Resources in the ABET Accreditation Process: A Case from California University of Pennsylvania. Information Systems Education Journal (ISEDJ) to appear.
- G. Boff, G. DeLorenzo, L. Kovalchick, and P. Sible (2008). Leveraging Academic Resources in the ABET Accreditation Process: An Outcome Assessment Information System. Issues in Information Systems (IIS) 9(1) 78-86.
Selected Conference Publications
- G. DeLorenzo and L. Kovalchick (2009). Service Learning Case Study - Collaboration with the H.J. Heinz History Center. Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators (PACISE), Slippery Rock, USA 3-4, April 2009.
Service Learning Projects
- Webmaster for Centerville and Taylor United Methodist Churches
- Obtained grant to allow Cal U computing faculty to visit high schools in Greene and Fayette counties in order to promote computing degrees to disadvantaged students
- Presents computing workshops to Young Women's Math and Science Day and the Technology and Engineering Coalition to Heighten (TECH) Awareness Project
- Provides workforce development training through Benedum Foundation grant. Free Cisco Certified Networking Association curriculum
- Judge for Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science and Science Olympiad
- Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- B.A. Mathematics
"The best part of my job is mentoring students both inside and outside the classroom in order to help them achieve their professional goals."