Dr. Peter Wright
- B.A.: Psychology, Yale University
- M.Ed.: Technology Education, West Virginia University
- Ed.D.: Technology Education, West Virginia University
Dr. Wright was a Peace Corps volunteer in Zaire from 1976-1978.
- Information Systems
- Appropriate Technology
- Transportation Systems
- Strategic Planning in Education
- Sustainable Development
- Aspects of Human Creativity
- Impacts of communication systems
- Appropriate technology and sustainable development
- Strategic planning for non-profit organizations
Service Learning Projects
- With students in Construction classes, build outdoor learning environments (pavilions and gazebos) at Charleroi, Marion and Rostraver Elementary Schools.
- With Sustainable Development graduate students, designed interior courtyard project at Menallen Elementary School.
- Host a weekly open mic session to provide students and community members chances to listen and perform in an alcohol-free environment at Jozart Studios in California (coffeehouse and studio).
- Serve as president of the Technology Education Association of Pennsylvania (TEAP) and was a past board member of the International Technology Education Association (ITEA) and national adviser for the Technology Education Collegiate Association (TECA).
In The Classroom
"My main focus, besides learning necessary content, is to motivate students to think and ask questions for themselves and obtain answers directly."
- Department of Applied Engineering and Technology
- B.S. Technology Education
- M.E. Technology Education
"The best part of my job is working directly with students and testing their designs to see how well they actually work."