Dr. Robert G. Taylor
- B.S.: San Diego State University
- M.Ed.: Frostburg State University
- Ph.D.: University of Southern Mississippi
Dr. Taylor developed the Master of Science in sport management studies program in 2004 and has served as program director since that time. He is proud of the program and the students who have made it a success. Based on their feedback, a new intercollegiate athletic administration track was added last summer, and a third option in sports counseling will begin in summer 2010. The MS in sport management studies program is arguably one of the most successful online programs, not only in the United States, but also globally.
Dr. Taylor has taught at California Baptist University, the University of Southern Mississippi and Frostburg State University. He is beginning in his 25th year as a triathlete. He enjoys traveling to various Ironman triathlon events around the world with his two sons, Aaron and Aidan.
- Sport Finance
- Research Methods in Sport
- Public Relations in Sport
- Sport Marketing
- Sport commitment among endurance athletes
- Economic impact of local and regional sporting events
Service Learning Projects
Dr. Taylor developed a fundraising event to benefit the "War on ALS" and the Blazeman Foundation.
In The Classroom
- Course units are updated constantly to reflect real-time trends and events within the sport industry
- All courses within the program focus on practical application of sport management theory, with applications being tailored to fit the work environment of each student
- Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
- M.S. Sport Management Studies
- Letter of Completion Intercollegiate Athletic Administration
"The best part of my job is being able to provide the opportunity for students to obtain an excellent education while being able to continue pursuing their professional career goals without interruption."