Dr. Robert G. Taylor
- B.S.: San Diego State University
- M.Ed.: Frostburg State University
- Ph.D.: University of Southern Mississippi
Dr. Taylor has been at Cal U since 2001. He developed the M.S. Sport Management Studies online program in 2004, and has served as program director and associate professor of Exercise Science and Sport Studies since that time.
He is also the first true cyber-faculty member at Cal U, and possibly in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Most, if not all, of the other full-time faculty members are geographically located in western Pennsylvania. He relocated to Lexington, S.C., in 2006.This has allowed him to market the program very strongly in the southeastern U.S., and to meet many current and potential future students.
Dr. Taylor is very proud of our program, and the students who have made it such a success. Based on their feedback Cal U offered the Intercollegiate Athletic Administration track in 2008, and it has been a huge success. The M.S. in Sport Management Studies program is also extremely successful.
In addition to teaching at Cal U, Dr. Taylor has taught at California Baptist University, The University of Southern Mississippi, and Frostburg State University. He has also coached high school and college basketball and competes in the sport of triathlon.
Outside the classroom, he enjoys traveling to various Ironman triathlon events around the globe with his two sons, Aaron and Aidan.
Physical suffering tolerance of endurance athletes.
Service Learning Projects
Dr. Taylor developed a fundraising event to benefit the "War on ALS" and the Blazeman Foundation.
In The Classroom
- Course units are updated constantly to reflect real-time trends and events within the sport industry
- All courses within the program focus on practical application of sport management theory, with applications being tailored to fit the work environment of each student
- Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
- M.S. Sport Management Studies