Dr. Silvia Braidic
- B.S.: Education, Duquesne University
- M.S.: Education, Duquesne University
- Administrative certification: Concentration, Elementary and Secondary Pennsylvania Principal Certification, Carnegie Mellon University
- Doctorate of Education and Superintendentâ€™s Letter of Eligibility: University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Braidic previously served as an assistant professor and coordinator of graduate and undergraduate secondary education at Duquesne University. Her research interests include online teaching and learning, differentiated instruction, and coaching/mentoring. In addition to her work at the university level, she has experience as a principal and assistant principal in the Mt. Lebanon School District in Pittsburgh, Pa. She also served as the district's coordinator for strategic planning. Prior to her work in administration, she taught middle school mathematics.
She is certified as a Quality Matters Peer Reviewer, Breaking Ranks in the Middle Trainer, ELCC and PDE Content Reviewer for Educational Leadership programs. She also conducts professional development workshops with school districts in the area of differentiated instruction and other areas of interest.
- Instructional Strategies
- Curriculum Leadership
- Orientation and Assessment
- Supervised Field Project - Administration, Research and Evaluation, Child Growth Theory
- Online teaching and learning
- Differentiated instruction/instructional strategies
- Leadership development/coaching
- Quality Matters
- Braidic, S. (in press). Lexicon of Online and Distance Education. Rowman and Littlefield Education Publishing.
- Braidic, S. (2009). Effective Questioning to Facilitate Dynamic Online Learning in Information and Communication Technology for Enhanced Education and Learning (Volume 3 in the Advances in ICT Education Series). Idea Group Inc. Peer Reviewed.
- Braidic, S., and Feddisson, M. (2009). The Impact of PowerPoint Presentations on Student Achievement and Student Attitudes in Information and Communication Technology for Enhanced Education and Learning (Volume 3 in the Advances in ICT Education Series). Idea Group Inc. Peer Reviewed.
- Braidic, S. (2008). Differentiating Instruction to Meet the Needs of Online Learners in Handbook of Distance Learning for Real-Time and Asynchronous Information Technology Education. IGI Global. Peer Reviewed.
- Braidic, S., and Hyatt, K.(2005). Technology for Management, Communication, and Instruction:
- Supporting Teacher Development in Technology Literacy Applications in Learning Environments by IDEA Group Inc., 2005. Peer reviewed.
Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals (Oct. 4-5, 2009)
- Accepted presentation with Krista Matias (assistant superintendent), Tim Kretchman (director of curriculum and instruction) and Joseph Bradley (high school principal): Leadership for Differentiation - Models for Professional Development
TCC Worldwide Online Conference - The New Internet: Collaborative Learning, Social Networking, Technology Tools, and Best Practices
- Braidic, S., Gillette, L., and Shotko, K. (2009). "Building and Sustaining Learning Communities Among a Diverse Student Population through Online Advisement: A Three Phase Model to Support Students"
- Braidic, S., Denny, W., and Rossetti, P. (2009). "Collaboration Among Faculty, Students and the Embedded Librarian: Creating a Culture of Learning"
- Braidic, S., and Oliphant, J. (2009). "Modeling a Vision for Technology Use in an Online Environment to Impact the Use of Technology in the K-12 System"
The Fourteenth Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning - "The Power of Online Learning: Improving Learning in a Networked World"Braidic, S., and Gillette, L. (2008). "Building Community Among a Diverse Student Population through Online Advisement"
- Department of Educational Administration and Leadership
- Department of Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership
- M.E. Administration Program for Principals
- Grad. Cert. Administrative Program for Principals
- Grad. Cert. Superintendent Letter of Eligibility
- Secondary Education Certification