Regular Admission Requirements
- Official undergraduate transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university.
Please provide the official transcripts for each of the undergraduate institutions
- Overall minimum graduate (master’s or doctorate) cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.00
scale verified with official transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - A cumulative graduate (Master's) GPA of less than a 3.75, the applicant will be required to submit official GRE scores, which may not be more than five years old.
However, if the graduate (Master's) cumulative GPA is a 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, the GRE scores are optional with your application.
Evidence of a licensed or credentialed allied health care provider; health, wellness
or exercise professional, or two years of recent experience as a practitioner, administrator,
educator, clinician, or researcher in health, wellness or exercise discipline. If
your MS is not aligned with the allied health, health, wellness, or fitness please
contact the program coordinator to determine if you fit the minimum requirements to
apply to the program.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae including personal, educational, and professional
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required.
One letter must be an academic reference, the other from a current or former employment
Both letters must be less than one calendar year old.
Both letters must be on official letterhead, include the author’s title and position,
dated and signed.
Both letters must be submitted as electronic copies.
Emailed letters will not be accepted. **PLEASE NOTE: A letter that is sent strictly as an email will not be accepted. However,
a letter composed as a PDF file and signed, then sent electronically will be accepted.
Unsigned or undated letters will not be accepted
Letter older than one calendar year will not be accepted
If an applicant cannot collect the two specific types of letters, i.e. academic or
employment supervisor, please contact the DHSc program coordinator, Marc Federico, email@example.com
- Submission of a personal statement that will be assessed by utilizing a standardized programmatic rubric to determine
writing ability and skill at the doctoral level.
- Some suggested additional materials to include to your application packet, which may strengthen your application, are an Evidence of a Master’s Thesis; and/or a peer-reviewed,
scholarly journal publication; and/or a professional presentation in your field. Evidence
must be submitted with your application. Evidence may be in the form of a copy of
title page and abstract thesis, front page with abstract from the journal for publication,
abstract in convention program for presentations.
- International Global Online Applicants
How to Apply:
School of Graduate Studies and Research
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
- Submit official transcripts and other documents by mail (using the address above), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (724-938-5712)
- Application Deadline: July 15
- Decision Deadline: August 1
For additional information: