About the MBA: Accounting Degree
Build your career by the numbers with an MBA in accounting from PennWest California.
Choose accounting as the focus of your Master of Business Administration degree, and you can:
- Expand your knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Build the technical, research and communication skills required for success in accounting.
- Prepare for a career as an accountant, budget analyst, tax specialist or auditor.
PennWest California’s MBA program incorporates cross-disciplinary core courses that enhance your foundational business knowledge and build decision-making and leadership skills. Specialized courses offer advanced education in areas such as auditing, federal income tax and financial accounting, and electives let you to tailor your degree to match your career interests and goals.
If you intend to sit for the CPA exam and become a certified public accountant, please consider our Master of Accountancy program.
PennWest California’s 36-credit MBA: Accounting program includes a mix of online and on-campus courses.
- Online courses are asynchronous, so you have access to learning at any time, no matter where you may be.
- You may attend on-campus courses in person or virtually, through multimodal web conferencing technology. This “distance learning” option gives you the flexibility to fit classes into your busy schedule or complete your degree entirely online.
You can earn the MBA: Accounting degree in 15 months of full-time study, or on a part-time schedule.
Students wishing to study on-campus or through a combination of on-campus and online coursework (multi-modal) must begin their MBA program in the Fall semester.