top 10 Reasons to Get an MBA
Going on to graduate school is a big decision, so it’s important to explore all the reasons for earning a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
At California University of Pennsylvania, on-campus and online MBA programs make it convenient and affordable to earn your degree. Your Cal U MBA can put you on the path to promotion to enhance your professional life and accelerate your career trajectory.
Here’s a closer look at the top 10 reasons to earn an MBA – and choose Cal U:
- Sharpen your knowledge. Your goal is to be one of the best professionals in your company. Succeeding in the business world is your career goal, and earning your MBA at Cal U will take you to the next level of expertise. You’ll gain a well-rounded business education that focuses on quantitative and technology tools to make you job-ready to compete effectively in our global economy.
- Get a well-rounded foundation. Cal U's MBA program, available on campus or 100% online, targets what you need to
stand out in today's business world. Cal U offers one of the largest MBA programs
in the region, offering a variety of courses in all functional areas of business.
As a Cal U student, you can count on excellent advising support and a dedicated faculty. You can choose to specialize your studies with concentrations in business analytics, healthcare management or entrepreneurship. Your courses will combine academic theory and practical experience, so you're ready to apply what you learn immediately. You'll also be prepared to explore broad career options and advance into new employment opportunities in the future. You can complete your MBA online in as little as one year.
- Choose to specialize. MBA students can choose from three concentrations: business analytics, healthcare
management and entrepreneurship.
- Business analytics: More data means more jobs, so you can choose an MBA concentration in business analytics. MBA students who specialize in business analytics explore trends in information technology and learn how to transform data into meaningful tools to drive business strategies.
- The healthcare management MBA provides the necessary tools and skills for students who want to pursue careers in a variety of healthcare settings.
- The entrepreneurship concentration helps students develop business fundamentals to transform start-up ideas into results-focused enterprises.
- Take a dual path. Recognizing the rapidly changing healthcare environment, Cal U offers dual degrees
to train today's nurse leaders: You can choose the MSN-MBA dual degree or the MBA-Nursing
Administration and Leadership degree. Both are 100% online programs.
The MSN-MBA at California University of Pennsylvania enables working nurse professionals to learn the business of healthcare and gain a broad perspective on the business issues critical to medical settings. The MBA portion of this dual degree program prepares nurse leaders for a wide range of positions, such as chief nurse officer or healthcare administrator, or for healthcare-related entrepreneurial ventures. The master’s degree program in nursing at California University of Pennsylvania is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
This online MBA in nursing administration and leadership is the first of its kind in western Pennsylvania, enabling nurse professionals to focus on critical business issues in medical settings while earning a highly desired MBA credential. Cal U MSN alumni who have completed two foundation courses can complete the MBA with an additional 24 credits. Become a nurse leader by completing the MBA-Nursing Administration and Leadership degree.
Explore the benefits of earning a dual degree: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the job outlook for healthcare leadership positions, including chief nursing officer positions, is expected to increase by 22% through 2018. Nurse professionals gain a competitive edge for CNO and other leadership roles by earning an advanced degree that enhances knowledge of administrative practices, management, accounting, budgetary analysis and more.
- Benefit from online learning. So many students at Cal U are just like you: Working full time, handling family and
personal responsibilities, and eager to move ahead in your life and career. Global
Online at California University of Pennsylvania is designed especially for you, providing
an education that meets your unique needs:
- Flexibility to fit in classes around your professional and personal commitments.
- The opportunity to study for a top-quality degree any time, anywhere.
- An affordable MBA education: Global Online students do not pay fees for on-campus services and, in many cases, are eligible for a reduced, competitive, non-resident tuition rate.
- Course content delivered in easy-to-use ways that let you interact fully with professors and classmates, and form a network of professional peers. Attend Cal U anywhere, any time, as long as you have a high-speed Internet connection and a modern computer.
- Find your niche. If your dream is to own your own business, choose the MBA degree concentration in entrepreneurship at Cal U. You’ll be equipped with the latest tools and strategies to launch a sound business. Plus, as a Cal U MBA graduate, you’ll be prepared to pursue other career opportunities in management, business consulting, research and development, fundraising, and more. The MBA degree curriculum at Cal U is designed to prepare students to be agents of change in the world of commerce here in Pennsylvania or across the nation.
- Expand career options. Meet the needs of today's professionals to easily fit courses into busy schedules:
Complete your online MBA degree full time in as little as 12 months, and be ready
to advance in your current job or start a new career.
Cal U's MBA gives students the skills necessary to be valuable business managers. Our graduates are working in such organizations as the Bank of New York Mellon, PNC, U.S. Department of Energy, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, National City Bank, 84 Lumber, PWC and other top accounting firms, and many more.
Cal U's Career and Professional Development Center connects you to potential employers through networking events, job shadowing opportunities, on-campus and off-campus recruiting, job and internship fairs, and organizational contacts.
- Build a professional network. Cal U has various student clubs to promote business networking and leadership development,
including the Economics Club, Finance Club, Student Marketing Association, Student
Accounting Association and Leadership Club.
Cal U MBA classes are relatively small and provide for close interaction with the faculty, who will be part of your professional network throughout your career. All MBA faculty members have earned their doctorates. Their areas of specialized expertise range from new-firm startups and entrepreneurship to the e-shopping habits of U.S. and Chinese millennials, HR management, cybersecurity and more. Students can work alongside their MBA professors on individualized research projects. Some of our quantitative courses require analytical research projects as part of course requirements.
- Learn from your peers. If you choose to earn your MBA online, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and learn with students from across the country and around the world. Cal U welcomes applications from students from countries outside the United States. Currently, students from 30 countries are enrolled in Cal U Global Online. Cal U is military friendly, too: Our Global Online programs are well-suited to active-duty service members, as well as to veterans and military/veteran dependents.
- Create a solid future. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 773,800 new jobs. The median annual wage for business and financial occupations was $66,530 in May 2016, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $37,040.
The field of business is extensive, so your MBA can prepare you for a range of specialized professions:
- Increasing use of data and market research in order to understand customers and product demand, and to evaluate marketing strategies, will lead to growing demand for market research analysts.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 14% growth in employment for business analysts through 2024.
- Employment of management analysts or management consultants is projected to grow 14% through 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for the services of these professionals should grow as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs.
- Globalization, a growing economy, and a complex tax and regulatory environment are expected to continue to lead to strong demand for accountants and auditors. Employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
Build a stronger future by earning your MBA at Cal U. Apply now!
Why Earn Your MBA Online?
Fits with your life
With your 100% online MBA at Cal U, you can keep working and earning, while managing other aspects of your life. We make it possible to learn anywhere, anytime.
ROI for an MBA
Invest in your Future
An affordable and accessible MBA from nationally recognized Cal U gives you professional advantages for promotions, raises and new job opportunities.
Choose an education that fits your budget and lifestyle. Learn on-campus full time or part time. Our 100% online MBA lets you learn anywhere, any time, while still working.