Classes begin Fall & Spring Sessions Annually
California University’s Department of Nursing offers an upper-division program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program is intended for registered nurses who have already completed a diploma or associate degree in Nursing.
The RN-BSN Program is specifically designed to provide the graduate with an educational foundation in the arts and sciences as well as nursing, to serve as a basis for graduate education and as a commitment to lifelong learning. The program assists the RN with the synthesis of theories and research findings into the role of the professional nurse, and builds upon the RN’s competencies in nursing by providing increasingly complex experiences in a variety of settings. Graduates are thus prepared to assume a wide range of professional nursing roles in diverse health care environments.
- The RN-BSN Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036-1120, Phone: 1-202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu)
The RN-BSN Program is now available in an accelerated format and is 100% online. New cohorts begin each Fall and Spring. This accelerated option allows students who have met the general education requirements to complete the nursing courses full-time in three semesters and part-time in four semesters.
The BSN degree requires 120 credits:
- Credits Required – 120 with 30 credits applied from lower division nursing courses taken in the diploma or associate’s degree, 12 credits earned via Entry-Level Portfolio, and additional credits earned from completion of general education requirements, which leaves 33 Core Nursing credits to complete
- Cohort Class Structure – complete the program with three courses in each of three semesters
- Course Structure – with this accelerated course structure, students take one 16-week course and two 8-week courses each semester. Summer sessions vary based on accelerated class schedules.
- For those who do not have the required general education requirements in place prior to taking the nursing courses, it is strongly recommended to take those courses the semester prior to entering the program.
***Due to the demand for this one-year cohort program, it is recommended to submit your applications as early as possible to determine seat availability for upcoming cohorts. Global Online can provide guidance and answer questions related to availability of seats by semester.***
For more information about our Global Online classes, contact our office at 724-938-5958 or toll-free at 1-866-595-6348 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not already a registered nurse please click here to learn how to become one.
To return to the Cal U Nursing Department homepage, please click here.
Cal U is ranked among the nation’s top 10 Most Affordable Colleges for Online Nursing Degrees by SR Education Group
Awards and Rankings
Interested in what others are saying about Cal U Global Online? Check out the awards and rankings our online programs have recently received.