Master of Science: Sport Management Studies
Classes begin Winter & Summer II Sessions Annually
Are you a coach looking to earn your master's degree to become an athletic director or teach? Are you a recent college graduate interested in working in the field of sports management? Our graduate program will help people like you earn pay raises and make yourself more marketable in this competitive marketplace.
The Master of Science in sport management studies program is delivered completely online. Program length will consist of 13 consecutive months. New cohorts begin in July and January. We were the first school in the nation to offer a Master of Science in sport management studies online.
Our curriculum has been uniquely structured to cover the basic foundations of the sports industry. Course materials will be presented in modular format, making them more conducive to presentation via the Internet. Information will be provided via video, PowerPoint presentations and online forums. Discussion groups, chat rooms and e-mail will allow the cohort to communicate and interact in order to provide valuable insight to discussions. Our program is based on the program revenue-generating project which allows students to apply textbook theory in a practical setting, and in a setting that is personal and meaningful to each individual student.
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Incorporate data generated from research studies when developing managerial strategies to enhance the overall effectiveness of sport organizations.
- Use critical thinking skills to solve controversies and issues related to the sport cultures.
- Integrate current marketing theory when creating a strategic marketing plan for use in a practical setting.
- Assess the effectiveness of strategies used by sport organizations to maintain or improve stakeholder relations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues and principles of law as it applies to the sport industry.
- Create a strategic financial plan for generating additional resources for sport organizations, and for the successful management of resources once procured.
- Formulate strategies to deal with moral and ethical problems related to sport in its intrinsic and extrinsic dimensions.
- Apply management-related skills and behaviors to maximize the efficiency of sport organizations.
As a student in this program, you will also have to choose from one of three concentrations: Intercollegiate Athletic Administration (IAA), Sports Counseling and Sport Management.
A Post Bachelor's Letter of Completion is also available for the Intercollegiate Athletic Administration program. Students are eligible to receive a letter of completion upon finishing the 12 credit curriculum for IAA.
Learn more about the master’s curriculum.
If you have additional questions about the program, please email us directly at email@example.com
Cal U's online M.S. in Sports Management is Ranked #6 in the Nation by TheBestSchools.org
Know someone who can excel at Cal U?
Sport Management Tracks
All students must follow the curriculum sequence for one of our offered tracks:
- Sport Management Concentration
- Sports Counseling Concentration
- Intercollegiate Athletic Administration Concentration
All student's must be enrolled as full-time cohort members.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.