We have been very fortunate in that we have achieved a near 100% job placement rate since graduating our first class in 2009. We feel this is due to four factors:
- the required internships that are a critical component of our program,
- our focus on career development and the importance of networking and presenting a professional image (through course requirements, attendance at the PGA Show, and participation in our PGM Student Society meetings and Guest Speaker Series),
- the strength of our curriculum,
- the great students who come through our program!
Recent Golf Management Success Stories Include:
CLASS OF 2013
- Drew Herchko is a full time manager at Titleist headwuarters in Carlsbad, California.
- Mike Cuscino is an Assistant Professional at the prestigious Oakmont Country Club and winters at the Seminole Golf Club in Jupiter, FL.
- Kimberly Thomas is an Assistant Professional at East Hamptons Golf Club in Montauk, NY.
- Eli Mireles is the Second Assistant Professional at Cattail Creek Country Club just outside of Washington, D.C.
- Benjamin Heinlein is an Assistant Professional and Golf Academy Instructor at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
CLASS OF 2012
- Lori Painter was already employed as the Head Professional at Lindenwood Golf Club prior to graduation.
- Dianne Luke is a member of the Malaysian National Golf Team, where she is successfully competing and honing her skills on the international amateur ranks.
CLASS OF 2011
- Adam Laird has worked at Westchester Country Club, Friar's Head, and is now an assistant at - in California.
- Katie Kirk has worked her way up the ranks of military golf courses in the US, having worked at Andrews Air Force Base before moving up to the Assistant Professional ranks at Eisenhower Golf Club.
CLASS OF 2010
- Peter Swanson has spent 5 years as an Assistant Professional at Firestone Country Club, wintering at PGA National Resort and Spa.
- Shane Battistoni is an Assistant Professional at Laurel Valley Golf Club, wintering at Lake Nona Golf and Country Club, and Joe Hyde served as the Food and Beverage Manager and Assistant General Manager at Pittsburgh National Golf Club while still an undergraduate. He is now working for the US Government in Southern California, where he plays golf on a regular basis.
- Sylvester Richards is the Golf Academy Manager and a teaching professional at the Everybody Golf School, the busiest teaching academy in the metropolian Washington, DC area.
CLASS OF 2009
- Josh Seelye spent four years as an Assistant Professional at the prestigious Crooked Stick Golf Club in Indiana and is now a partner in a successful business enterprise.
- Blake Schutte served as the First Assistant at Cranberry Highlands Golf Course while he was still an undergraduate, before becoming the Owner and CEO of his own multimillion dollar company.
- Joe Merlin spent three years as an Assistant Professional at Pittsburgh Field Club, wintering at the Loxahatchee Club, before transitioning to Metedeconk National Golf Club.
- Kyle Ruane is now the General Manager and Head Golf Professional at Gilbertsville Golf Club.