Pre-Chiropractic Program – New York Chiropractic College
For more than a century, New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) has combined nationally recognized academic and scientific excellence with real-world clinical experience. The Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) program and unique clinical training opportunities will fully prepare you to succeed in the chiropractic profession.
You can begin your path to NYCC at California University of Pennsylvania with our “3+3” dual degree program. In Cal U’s pre-professional biology program, you’ll earn a bachelor of science degree in biology in three years, while transitioning into the D.C. program for just over two years of study at NYCC.
Earning your B.S. in Biology at Cal U will provide an important foundation for your professional career planning, since many states require chiropractors to hold a bachelor’s degree, in addition to their chiropractic credential, in order to be licensed to practice. With both the B.S. and D.C. degrees, you will have maximum flexibility as you begin your career.
Your Chiropractic Degree Program
NYCC's campus is in Seneca Falls, overlooking Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. The chriopractic school campus is set on 286 acres and includes a state-of-the-art, 8,000-square-foot research building.
The D.C. program at NYCC offers in-depth science courses and labs; practical training in technique, diagnostics and manual therapies; individualized and patient-centered approaches; and comprehensive clinical training. Your chiropractic courses will include study in such areas as:
- Cell and Tissue Biology.
- Gross Anatomy.
- Principles of Biochemistry.
- Psycho Motor Skills.
- Spinal Radiology.
- Musculoskeletal Physiopathology.
- Public Health and Wellness.
- Chiropractic Theories.
- Basic Human Nutrition.
- Clinical Microbiology.
Valuable components of NYCC's educational program are the clinical opportunities it offers students preparing for chiropractic practice in integrative environments, including:
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Md.
- Chronic Pain Options, Riverhead, N.Y.
- Christos Vasakiris, DC, Lindenhurst, N.Y.
- Miami VA, Miami, Fla.
- Elaina Pirro-Lombardi, DC, Liverpool, N.Y.
- Seneca Falls Health Center, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- Depew Health Center, Depew, N.Y.
- Levittown Health Center, Levittown, N.Y.
- Campus Health Center, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- Rochester Outpatient Health Center, Henrietta, N.Y.
Community Service Healthcare:
- Campus Health Center, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- Lighthouse Free Clinic, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Salvation Army Satellite Clinics, Freeport, Tonawanda, N.Y
- Mercy Outreach Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- Joseph's Neighborhood Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- SUNY Health and Wellness Center, Farmingdale, N.Y.
- SUNY Buffalo Student Health Center, Buffalo, N.Y.
- SUNY Stony Brook Student Health Center, Stony Brook, N.Y.
- John Fisher Student Health Center, Rochester, N.Y.
- Geneva Community Health, Geneva, N.Y.
- Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, N.Y.
- VA Medical Center and Hospital, Canandaigua, Bath, Rochester and Buffalo, N.Y.; and Miami, Fla.
Strong Career Options
Graduates with a D.C. degree from NYCC are prepared for career opportunities as solo practitioners or members of a group practice, as sports team or corporate chiropractors, or as chiropractic educators or researchers.
Employment of chiropractors is projected to grow 12% through 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual wage for chiropractors was $68,640 in May 2017.
Your chiropractic career opportunities include:
- Solo practitioner.
- Associate with a chiropractic partnership.
- Sports team chiropractor.
- Chiropractor with the Veterans Administration or Department of Defense.
- Corporate chiropractor on-site for companies and organizations.
- Integrative chiropractic group practitioner.
Get started on your path to New York Chiropractic College with Cal U’s dual degree program. Apply now!
Chiropractic Dual Degree
Cal U’s exceptional “3+3” dual degree program enables students to earn a bachelor’s degree in biology while transitioning into the Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) program at one of the nation’s top three chiropractic colleges.
Benefits of a Dual Degree
The pre-professional biology program at Cal U is an efficient and cost-effective first step toward specialized study and a top career as a chiropractic healthcare professional.
Chiropractic Career Options
Explore many career opportunities, from solo practitioners and members of a group practice to sports team or corporate chiropractors, and chiropractic educators or researchers.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Chiropractor
Get a closer look at the top reasons to become a chiropractor – and why you’ll get the best start in this dynamic field at Cal U.