About Childhood Education
Impact the lives of young students as a kindergarten, elementary or middle school teacher.
California University of Pennsylvania has a long-standing reputation for producing top teachers in Pennsylvania and beyond. Our undergraduate programs in childhood education prepare early childhood, elementary and middle-level teachers with the knowledge, skills and disposition essential to becoming successful members of the teaching profession.
Cal U takes a hands-on approach to teacher training. We support a constructivist model of teaching and learning, based on the belief that students are actively involved in their own knowledge construction, as opposed to passively receiving information. All of our childhood education courses teach proven best practices, and we provide a performance-based process for preparing Pre-K-4 or grade 4-8 teachers.
Choose the area of childhood education that interests you most.
Childhood Education Certification Programs
- Early Childhood Education Associate Degree
- Childhood Education Pre-K to Grade 4 Education Bachelor's Degree
- Childhood Education Pre-K to Grade 4 with Special Education Bachelor's Degree
- Middle Level Grades 4-8 Education Bachelor's Degree
- Middle Level Grades 4-8 Education with Special Education Bachelor's Degree
Non-Certification Childhood Education Programs