Build a strong scientific foundation for a rewarding career.
Learn the science behind communication and the skills needed to improve the lives of individuals with communication and swallowing disorders. A bachelor's degree in communication disorders from California University of Pennsylvania gives you a broad understanding of speech and hearing processes, as well as the diagnostic and rehabilitation procedures utilized in speech-language pathology and audiology.
This pre-professional undergraduate program prepares you for a wide-range of entry-level jobs, as well as graduate studies in speech-language pathology, audiology,or other professional training programs.
A comprehensive, hands-on education prepares you for success.
- Receive strong academic instruction from extensively qualified faculty.
- Observe real clients who are diagnosed with communication disorders and treated in the University's Speech and Hearing Clinic.
- Participate in a hands-on experience with preschool-age children in the department's Learning and Language Center.
- Collaborate with graduate students and clinical faculty in a hands-on, client-centered approach to targeting diagnostic and treatment goals for clients attending the University's Speech and Hearing Clinic.
- Develop familiarity with how to make evidence-based clinical decisions and experience writing objective clinical documentation.