Graduate Admissions Process
Graduate On-Campus Applications
Use this application if you want to apply to California University of Pennsylvnaia's School of Graduate Studies and Research and wish to take courses on-campus. Choose a program below to start:
Graduate Online Applications
Use this application if you want to apply to California University of Pennsylvnaia's School of Graduate Studies and Research and wish to take courses online. Choose a program below to start:
Graduate Admissions: More Pathways
If you're ready to apply for graduate studies at Cal U, but you're not a traditional graduate student, please check the following list for the appropriate application. Or get details about ways to apply for admission to Cal U.
- International Graduate Application: You reside in a country other than the United States and wish to pursue a Cal U master's degree, doctoral degree or advanced professional studies on campus or online.
- Readmission Application: You had to stop your education at Cal U and now want to re-enroll in a graduate-level program.
How to Apply
Here's your step-by-step guide to apply for admission to Cal U's School of Graduate Studies and Research as a graduate student. If you have any questions along the way, contact your graduate program coordinator or reach out to Graduate Admissions at 724-938-4187 or email@example.com.
Step 1: Submit your completed graduate admission application. The same application is used to apply to all graduate degree and certificate programs, whether you are studying on campus or online.
Step 2: Pay the non-refundable application fee of $25 for master's degree programs or $50 for doctorate programs.
Step 3: Make sure you understand and comply with the specific admissions requirements for your program of study. For example, some graduate degrees may require prerequisite undergraduate coursework or additional application materials. Submit all additional application materials to the address provided. Learn more about graduate admissions requirements here.
Step 4: Submit official sealed transcripts of the bachelor's degree or graduate degree required for your graduate program. We are able to access Cal U transcripts, so you do not need to request that they be submitted. Official transcripts from other institutions must be sent to:
School of Graduate Studies and Research
California University of Pennsylvania
Campus Box 91
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Submit unofficial transcripts and other documents by mail (using the address above), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 724-938-5712. Unofficial transcripts may be reviewed to render a conditional admission decision until official transcripts are received.
Graduate Admissions Deadlines
Application deadlines vary by program, and students are advised to apply for admission to the School of Graduate Studies and Research as early as possible. Most programs have rolling deadlines, and applications may be submitted at any time. However, the following programs have strict application deadlines that must be met in order to be considered for admission:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling -Nov. 1 for spring admission, May 1 for summer admission, July 1 for fall admission.
- Communication Disorders - Feb. 15.
- Counselor Education - Nov. 1 for spring admission, May 1 for summer admission, July 1 for fall admission.
- School Counseling - Nov. 1 for spring admission, May 1 for summer admission, July 1 for fall admission.
- School Psychology - Nov. 15 for early decision, Feb. 28 for final decision.
- Social Work - June 14.
- Sports Counseling - The first Friday in May.
- Doctor of Health Science - Oct. 1.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Feb. 12, 2018 for the application deadline and April 2, 2018 for the final decision for summer admission.
If you don't see a specific deadline for your program of study, we recommend applying for admission as early as possible, preferably no later than two weeks before the session in which you plan to enroll.
When Graduate Admissions has received all of the required application materials, they are reviewed immediately. You will be notified of the admissions decision by email.
Already accepted? Congratulations! Follow these next steps to start your Cal U journey.