Start Your Application Now
Use this application if this will be visiting student at PennWest California and are currently enrolled in a degree program at another university.START APPLICATION
Broaden Your College Experience at PennWest California
PennWest California welcomes visiting students from across the United States and around the world. Expand your college experience and supplement the degree program at your home institution by studying at PennWest California for a limited amount of time.
As a visiting student, you'll have full access to PennWest California's course offerings as long as you meet course prerequisites. Choose classes from a wide variety of academic programs, including undergraduate, graduate and online programs.
Why study at PennWest California?
- Easily transfer your PennWest California credits to your home college or university.
- Take advantage of compatible courses in your academic discipline.
- Enjoy the flexibility of day and evening classes.
- Benefit from competitive tuition rates and scholarship opportunities.
- Enjoy best-in-class housing, a beautiful campus and exceptional student life.
- Gain a competitive edge from PennWest California's internship and career advising services and our Office of Academic Success.
- Experience world-class culture in Pittsburgh, and have easy access to New York City; Washington, D.C.; and cities in Canada.
Year-Round Start Dates
Winter, spring, summer or fall, come to PennWest California when it makes the most sense for you. Take time away from your home university in a fall or spring semester, or earn credits at PennWest California while on your school's winter or summer break.
View all academic programs offered at PennWest California.
Learn about Summer College and Winter College sessions.
Visiting Student Eligibility
You're eligible to apply to PennWest California's Visiting Student program if you are currently enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, and are either:
- An undergraduate student who has completed at least 12 credits by the time of enrollment at PennWest California.
- A graduate student who has completed at least one term by the time of enrollment at PennWest California.
Visiting Students from Schools within Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education
If you are a student at one of the other 13 State System universities and wish to enroll at PennWest California as a visiting student, you will need to complete the Application for Visiting Student Status form.
This form needs to be signed by the registrar at your home institution and then mailed to:
Office of Academic Affairs - Box 4
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Visiting Students From Other U.S. Schools
Discover the PennWest California Difference. As a visiting student, you'll benefit from PennWest California's unique focus on hands-on learning, our exceptional fieldwork and internship experiences, and a low student-to-teacher ratio that ensures you'll get plenty of individual attention.
International Visiting Students
In addition to enjoying all the same benefits as visiting students from the United States, you'll also have access to PennWest California's exceptional programming and support for international students, including:
- Airport pickup.
- Student mentors for each international student.
- The International Club.
- Academic and personal support.
- English as a Second Language non-degree program.
Learn more about International Student Services at PennWest California.
Course Loads and Credits
Talk to your academic adviser at your home school to insure your credits will transfer, and be sure to have a wide selection of courses ready at the time of registration, as some courses quickly fill up.