The Cal U Campus
294 Acres with Something for Everyone
The campus at California University of Pennsylvania has been designed with student success in mind.
The first thing you'll notice when you visit Cal U is the stunning natural beauty of the campus. The University isn't only beautiful, it's also full of things to do.
Cal U's campus is 294 acres of:
- Rewarding activities and opportunities, including over 100 student clubs.
- Top-quality living with spacious housing and an on-campus farm.
- Excellent resources, including our top-ranking Natali Student Center.
- Strong community for residents and commuters alike.
- Rich cultural diversity and a vibrant multicultural center.
Plan a campus tour to discover all Cal U has to offer!
You'll find plenty of nature on Cal U's stunning campus, located on the banks of the Monongahela River in the borough of California, Pennsylvania.
- Enjoy hiking, disc golf, gardening and hands-on learning on our upper-campus SAI Farm.
- Read in the shade of a tree on the lower campus, which is also a nationally recognized arboretum-a public garden and carefully cataloged collection of 500 trees and shrubs, including nearly every tree indigenous to
- Walk just a few blocks to Rotary Park and the scenic Pike Run fishing area.
Big City Benefits
Cal U offers the best of both worlds: rural living and urban culture. The internationally renowned City of Pittsburgh is just 35 miles north of campus, so you'll have easy access to some of the nation's top cultural offerings.
Classic Charm, Modern Amenities
Broad walkways and beautiful landscaping surround Cal U's historic buildings and modern residence halls, which have been recognized as some of the finest in the nation by the National Building Museum.
A Community of Success
With more than 100 student clubs and organizations, plus many other ways to volunteer and engage with the University community, Cal U encourages active participation in character- and resume-building activities.
A Campus Full of Resources
- Access a wealth of information in our state-of-the-art Manderino Library.
- Get the support you need to achieve your best in our Office of Academic Success.
- Socialize in a space made just for you: the Natali Student Center.
- Stay healthy with 24-hour services provide by the Student Health Center.
- Take part in community-building events at our Multicultural Center.