The following eight-semester schedule of courses provides a recommended framework for completing this program of study in four years.
|ENG 101 English Composition I||3|
|HIS 101 OR HIS 102 American History||3|
|MAT 181 College Algebra||3|
|PSY 206 Adolescent Psychology||3|
|UNI 100 First-Year Seminar||1|
|Fines Arts Elective||3|
|CHD 250 Teaching Health and Physical Education||3|
|ESP 210 Special Education Foundation and Collaboration||3|
|Any Approved American/British Literature Course||3|
|Free Elective OR MAT 130||3|
|Natural Science with Lab||3|
|ELM 200 Intro to Middle Level Education||3|
|CHD 350 Family and Community Collaborations||3|
|GEO/POS/ECO 102 Social Sciences Courses||3|
|MAT 191 College Trigonometry||3|
|MAT 303 Geometry||3|
|ELM 220 Instruction and Assessment in 4-8 Class||3|
|ESP 311 Assessment and Positive Behavior Support*||3|
|MAT 272 Discrete Mathematics||3|
|MAT 281 Calculus||3|
|PSY 208 Educational Psychology||3|
|ELM 302 Language Arts Methods Assessment*||3|
|ELM 321 Science Methods Assessment*||3|
|ELM 331 Social Studies Methods Assessment*||3|
|MAT 341 Linear Algebra||3|
|MAT 400 Mathematical Modeling||3|
|CHD 413 Content Area Literacy Field Experience*
|ELM 301 Reading Methods Assessment*||3|
|ELM 311 Math Methods Assessment*||3|
|EDU 333 Technology for Teaching and Learning||3|
|MAT 215 Statistics||3|
|Free Elective Course||3|
|CHD 450 Assessment and Data Literacy*||3|
|EDU 350 Supporting English Learners||3|
|EDU 375 Intro to Integrated STEM Education||3|
|ELM 415 Middle Level Field Experience*||3|
|ESP 412 Evidence Based Practices||3|
|ELM 461 Student Teaching||12|
- Course titles in bold are scheduled together and must be taken at the same time.
- ALL ELM, CHD and ESP courses require current clearances and minimum 2.5 GPA to register for course, except ELM 200 and 220, which require a 2.0 GPA to register.
- All courses required for certification with a grade of C- or lower must be repeated.
- Candidates must follow policies for Admission to Teacher Education as stated in the Teacher Education Handbook.
- Courses marked with an asterisk are restricted to candidates admitted to Teacher Education.
- Prerequisite for ELM 220 and all 300-level ELM and CHD courses is ELM 200.
- State licensure for exams must be passed before student teaching.
Approved British or American Literature Courses
- ENG 107 Introduction to Fiction
- ENG 125 The American West
- ENG 127 Woman as Hero
- ENG 148 Horror in Literature
- ENG 150 Baseball in Literature
- ENG 155 Black Literature
- ENG 160 Introduction to British & American Literature
- ENG 203 Great Books
- ENG 301 English Literature I (prerequisite ENG 101, 102)
- ENG 302 English Literature II (prerequisite ENG 101, 102)
- ENG 337 Survey of American Literature I (prerequisite ENG 101, 102)
- ENG 338 Survey of American Literature II (prerequisite ENG 101, 102)
- HON 250 Honors Comp II (prerequisite HON 150)