The following eight-semester schedule of courses provides a recommended framework for completing this program of study in four years.
|ENG 101 English Composition I||3|
|HIS 101 OR HIS 102 US History||3|
|MAT 120 Elementary Topics in Math I||3|
|PSY 205 Childhood Psychology||3|
|UNI 100 First-Year Seminar||1|
|Any Approved American/British Lit Course||3|
|CHD 200 Introduction to PreK-Grade 8 Ed.||3|
|ELE 220 Instruction and Assessment in PreK||3|
|ELE 221 Instruction and Assessment in K-4||3|
|ESP 210 Special Ed Fnd. and Collaboration||3|
|MAT 130 Elementary Topics in Math II||3|
|ELE 300 Emergent Literacy||3|
|ELE 310 Teaching PreK Math/Science||3|
|ELE 410 PreK-4 Field||3|
|GEO/POS/ECO 102 Social Sciences||3|
|MUS/ART/THE 372 Creative Arts PreK-4||3|
|CHD 250 Health & PE for PreK-4||3|
|CHD 312 Instructional Leadership in Childhood Education||3|
|ESP 311 Assessment Positive Behavior Intervention||3|
|PSY 208 Educational Psychology||3|
|Any Natural Science Course||3|
|CHD 350 Family and Community Collab. and Partnerships||3|
|ELE 301 Literacy Foundations I: Lang. Arts*||3|
|ELE 302 Literacy Foundations II: Reading*||3|
|ELE 331 Teaching Social Studies K-4*||3|
|CHD 413 Content Area Literacy Field Exp.*||3|
|EDU 333 Technology for Teach. Learn.||3|
|ELE 311 Teaching Math K-4*
|ELE 321 Teaching Science K-4*||3|
|CHD 450 Assessment and Data Literacy for Teach.*
|EDU 350 Supporting English Lang. Learners||3|
|EDU 375 Intro to Integrated STEM Ed.||3|
|ELE 411 Field Experience K-4*||3|
|ESP 412 EBP for PreK-8 Inclusion*||3|
|ELE 461 Student Teaching and School Law*||12|
- Course titles in bold indicate a block of courses that are scheduled together and must be taken at the same time.
- Courses marked with an asterisk require admission to Teacher Education before registration.
- All courses required for certification must earn C or better.
- CHD 200 and ELE 220 require current clearances and minimum 2.0 GPA to register for courses.
- ALL other EDU, ELE, ESP, and CHD courses require current clearances and minimum 2.5 GPA to register for courses.
- Candidates must follow policies for admission to Teacher Education as stated in the Teacher Education Handbook.
- Prerequisite for all courses marked with an asterisk (*) is admission to Teacher Education.
- Prerequisites for ELE 221 and all 300-level ELE and CHD courses are ELE 200 and ELE 220.
- State licensure exams must be passed before Student Teaching.
Approved British or American Literature Courses
- ENG 107 Introduction to Fiction
- ENG 125 The American West
- ENG 127 Woman as Hero
- ENG 148 Horror in Literature
- ENG 150 Baseball in Literature
- ENG 155 Black Literature
- ENG 160 Introduction to British & American Literature
- ENG 203 Great Books
- ENG 301 English Literature I (prerequisites ENG 101, 102)
- ENG 302 English Literature II (prerequisites ENG 101, 102)
- ENG 337 Survey of American Literature I (prerequisite ENG 102)
- ENG 338 Survey of American Literature II (prerequisite ENG 102)
- HON 250 Honors Comp II (prerequisite HON 150)