|General Education: PDE Content Requirements|
|English and Literature Composition||6|
|ENG 101 English Composition I|
|American or British Literature Course|
|Mathematics (100 level or higher)||9|
|MAT 120 Elementary Topics I
|MAT 130 Elementary Topics II|
|MAT 181 College Algebra|
|HIS 101 OR HIS 102|
|ECO 102 Economics for Elementary Ed||1|
|GEO 102 Geographic Systems
|POS 102 American Government for Elementary Ed||1|
|Health and Wellness||3|
|HSC 115 Current Health Issues|
|Program Requirements: PDE Professional Education Requirements|
|Professional Education Courses||24|
|EDU 310 Tchg Multicultural Society|
|EDU 333 Technology for Tchg & Learning|
|EDU 350 Supporting ELL in the Classroom|
|ESP 210 Special Ed. Found & Collaboration|
|ESP 311 Assessing Positive Behavior Interv.|
|ESP 412 Evidence Based Practices|
|PSY 206 Adolescent Psychology|
|*PSY 208 Educational Psychology|
|Grades 4-8 Specialization Courses||33|
|ELM 200 Intro to Middle Level Education|
|ELM 220 Instruction and Assessment in 4-8|
|ELM 301 Reading Methods Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 302 Lang. Arts Methods Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 311 Math Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 321 Science Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 331 Social Studies Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 461 Student Teaching PreK-Grade 4 (see Teacher Handbook for requirements)|
|BIO 103 Contemporary Issues Biology|
|EAS 100 Intro to Earth Science|
|ELM 360 Environ, Ecology and Nature - Study Ed|
|PHS 120 Basic Phys. Science with Lab|
|Field Experience Courses||6|
|ELM 411 Field Experience Grades 4-6|
|ELM 412 Field Experience Grades 7-8|
*Prerequisite PSY 100 waived for this major.
Please consult with the science education adviser before selecting from the following concentration courses:
- EAS 150 Intro to Geology
- EAS 240 Intro to Meteorology
- EAS 163 Intro to Oceanography
- PHS 145 Astronomy
- EAS 210 Soils
- BIO 120 General Zoology (4 credits)
- BIO 125 General Botany (4 credits)
- ENS 101 Intro to Environmental Science
- CHE 103 Chemistry in Every Day World
- PHS 137 Intro to Environment Chemistry
- PHY 121 General Physics I
Approved American/British Literature Courses
- ENG 107 Introduction to Fiction
- ENG 127 Woman as Hero
- ENG 148 Horror in Literature
- ENG 150 Baseball in Literature
- ENG 155 Black Literature
- ENG 203 Great Books
- ENG 301 English Literature I (prerequisites: ENG 101 and 102)
- ENG 302 English Literature II (prerequisites: ENG 101 and 102)
- ENG 337 Survey of American Literature I (prerequisites: ENG 101 and 102)
- ENG 338 Survey of American Literature II (prerequisites: ENG 101 and 102)
- All courses required for certification with C- or lower must be repeated.
- All ELM and ESP courses require current clearances submitted before the first day of class.
- Prerequisite for all ELM 300 level courses is ELM 200 and 220.
- All coursework must be completed before student teaching.
- PAPA qualifying scores at start of the program.
- GPA of 2.8 at start of the program.
- Appropriate Praxis II exams prior to student teaching.
- Admission to Teacher Education before registering for ESP 412.