2021-2022 Academic Catalog

A.S. in Computer Engineering Technology

Print/Download Page

Program Description

The Associate of Science in Computer Engineering Technology (CET) degree provides education and skill development in hardware configuration, software development, programming applications and the interfacing of hardware and software systems. Students receive hands-on training on various computer systems, test equipment and software products.

Delivery Mode

Traditional (on campus)


Course Credits
General Education Courses 26
Building a Sense of Community
UNI 100 First-Year Seminar
ENG 101  English Composition I
Public Speaking
Any Public Speaking Course
Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy
MAT 181  College Algebra*
Technological Literacy
GET 130  Intro to Engineering Technology
Natural Sciences
PHY 121  General Physics**
General Education Options
  • CSC 120  Problem Solving and Prog. Constr.
  • ENG 217  Scientific and Technical Writing 
  • MAT 191  College Trigonometry*
Professional Technical Core Courses 31
CET 235  Digital Electronic Design 4
CET 270  Intro to Microprocessor Design 4
CSC 124  Computer Programming I 3
CSC 265  Object-Oriented Programming 3
CSC 328  Data Structures 3
EET 110  Electric Circuits I 4
EET 160  Electric Circuits II 4
EET 215  Intro to Instrumentation 3
MAT 195  Discrete Math Structures 3
Free Electives 3
Total 60

* Students may take MAT 199 (Pre-Calculus) in lieu of MAT 181 and MAT 191 followed by MAT 281 (Calculus I) for a more rigorous math tract.

** Students planning to continue to the B.S. in Computer Engineering Technology program should take Calculus I and PHY 101 (College Physics) instead. 

Program Note: Students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA to qualify for graduation.

Continuing Education

Graduates of the A.S.-CET program are eligible to enroll in the B.S.-CET program. All credits earned toward the A.S.-CET degree count toward the B.S.-CET degree. Students considering completion of a bachelor's degree in CET should select General Education credits that apply. Consult your adviser.