Dr. Abdullah Alsaffar | Maggy D. Aston | James B. Bové | Dr. Andrea Cencich | Dr. Clarissa W. Confer | Dr. Paul Crawford | Laura DeFazio | Dr. Kelton Edmonds | Dr. Arcides Gonzalez | Dr. Joseph C. Heim | Dr. Elizabeth A. Larsen | Dr. Sean Madden | Dr. Suzan Mohney | Todd Pinkham | Dr. Michael Slaven | Dr. Craig A. Smith | Dr. Razak Surrey | Dr. Emily M. Sweitzer | Dr. Christina A. Toras | Dr. Laura Tuennerman
For faculty bios, visit: https://www.calu.edu/inside/faculty-staff/profiles/index.aspx
Cal U's Department of Humanities includes undergraduate programs in art, history, global studies, jurisprudence, languages, political science and sociology.
Associate and Bachelor's Degree Programs
Degrees offered through this department include:
- A.A. in Liberal Studies
- B.A. in Arabic Language and Culture
- B.A. in Art
- B.F.A. in Art Studio
- B.A. in Global Studies
- B.A. in History
- B.A. in Jurisprudence: Legal Studies
- B.A. in Liberal Studies
- B.A. in Political Science
- B.A. in Political Science: Pre-Law
- B.A. in Political Science: Public Affairs
- B.A. in Social Sciences
- B.A. in Sociology
- B.A. in Sociology: Social Deviance
Note: Cal U also offers B.S.Ed. degrees in secondary education for Art (K-12) and Social Studies through its Department of Education.
The department also offers sub-baccalaureate certificates in:
- Arabic Language and Culture
- History of War, Service and the American Experience
- Spanish for Business
- Spanish for Law Enforcement
- Studio Art
- Violence and Incidence Collaboration Evaluation in Schools
The following minors are also available through the Department of Humanities:
- African American Studies
- Political Science
- Studio Art
Note: Additional art-related minors offered under other departments include:
- Arts Administration, through the Department of Business, Economics and Enterprise Sciences
- Art History, through the Department of Culture, Media, and Performance
- History students who meet the academic requirements are eligible for membership in Phi Alpha Theta, national honor society in history.
- Political science students who meet the academic requirements are eligible for membership in Pi Sigma Alpha, the national political science honor society.
- Students in the sociology program are eligible for membership in Pi Gamma Mu, the social science honor society, and Alpha Kappa Delta, the honor society for sociology.