The Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language and Culture degree prepares students to read, write and speak Modern Standard Arabic and to gain deep insights into Arabic people, society and customs.
Global Online (100% online)
|General Education Courses||40 or 41|
|Building a Sense of Community
UNI 100 First-Year Seminar
ENG 101 English Composition I
Any Public Speaking Course
|Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy
Any Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy Course
|Health and Wellness
Any Health and Wellness Course
Any Technological Literacy Course
Any Humanities Course
Any Fine Arts Course
Any Natural Sciences Course
|3 or 4|
Any Social Sciences Course
|General Education Options
|Required Major Courses||18|
|ARB 101 Elementary Arabic I||3|
|ARB 102 Elementary Arabic II||3|
|ARB 203 Intermediate Arabic I||3|
|ARB 204 Intermediate Arabic II||3|
|ARB 350 Advanced Arabic I||3|
|ARB 351 Advanced Arabic II||3|
|Required Related Courses||12|
|Select from the following:
|Select two courses in a foreign language and/or culture other than Arabic||6|
Additional requirements, not counted toward the General Education requirements, include:
- Special Experience Course (1 course required): Any Approved Special Experience Course
- Writing-Intensive Component Courses (2 courses required): Any Approved Writing-Intensive, Upper-Division ARB courses
- Laboratory Course (1 course required): Any Approved Laboratory Course
- Graduation Requirements: Minimum GPA - 2.00; Minimum Credits - 120 for only B.A. All major and general education courses completed.
- 42 credits of the required 120 credits must include advanced-standing courses (defined as any course numbered 200 or above with at least one pre-requisite course). Any course numbered 200-299 must have at least one pre-requisite course to be counted as upper division. 300 level and above is counted automatically as upper division.
- Academic Advisement: Consult your adviser regarding an appropriate schedule and all other issues relating to your major.
- Additional Reminders: Developmental courses do not count toward the credits necessary for graduation but are calculated in your overall GPA.
Accelerated Bachelor's-to-Master's Program
An accelerated bachelor's-to-master's Arabic program is also available to undergraduate students who qualify. Curriculum requirements are listed under the "Accelerated Programs" section of this catalog.