Students will have a common core of integrated educational experiences, learning how to become excellent students; how to survive and thrive in a college environment; and how to achieve their educational, personal and career goals. Students will develop the skills necessary to adjust to University life; they will sense that the curriculum is organically related and holistic, not a collection of courses.
- To foster academic success through understanding the University;
- To establish a foundation of knowledge on resources and skills necessary to be a successful college student;
- To cultivate campus connections and supportive networks of faculty, staff and students;
- To increase awareness of career choices and opportunities available for professional growth and development; and,
- To develop and enhance critical-thinking skills.