Students will have the "ability to understand numerical data and use mathematical methods for analysis and problem solving" (PASSHE BOG Policy 1993-01). Mathematics is the science of numbers and their operations, interrelations, combinations, generalizations and abstractions and of space configurations and their structure, measurement, transformations and generalizations.
BUS 281, MAT 100, 110, 120, 130, 181, 191, 199, 205, 215, 225, 272, 273, 281, 282, 290, 303, PSY 331
- To apply a variety of appropriate strategies to solve mathematical problems;
- To construct mathematical arguments and proofs;
- To express ideas precisely using the language of mathematics;
- To construct, analyze and interpret mathematical models of physical, social or other phenomena; and
- To apply mathematics in contexts outside of mathematics.