Student Affairs is a critical component of a student’s learning experience that goes beyond the classroom and provides a safe and healthy living and learning environment. Student Affairs oversees life on campus, including student organizations, activities, wellness, housing, dining, recreational sports and much more. The professionals who work in Student Affairs are committed to helping all students enrich and deepen their lifetime journey of growth and self-exploration.
Inherent in the University’s educational mission is a commitment to the total development of all students. The division of Student Affairs, under the direction of the vice president, is administratively responsible for the implementation of this commitment. The central focus of the Student Affairs division, therefore, is the personalization of the university experience, with concern for not only individual intellectual development, but for personal, social and physical development as well. The division is committed to recognizing and assisting in the realization of human potential, which includes promotion of the concepts of safety, freedom, justice, individual dignity and the right of the dissenter and openness of mind.
Student Affairs Committees
- The Student Affairs Council serves as a recommending body for strategic plan development; coordination of division-wide assessment efforts; and committee oversight.
- The Student Affairs Assessment Committee leads the coordination for assessment within Student Affairs.
- The Student Affairs Communications Committee works to educate, innovate and enrich communication among Student Affairs, SAI and University stakeholders.
- The Student Affairs Diversity Committee serves as a catalyst for change through awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- The Student Affairs Professional Development Committee serves as a catalyst for professional development, personal growth and community among the members of the Student Affairs Division.
- The Student Affairs Retention Committee serves to identify opportunities to create and enhance engagement to support student retention and success.
- The Targeted Programming Committee identifies trends and hot topics to forecast division-wide programming opportunities.
Student Affairs works to personalize your Cal U experience and develop your personal and professional skills by providing a full range of University support services and programs, including:
- Auxiliary Services
- Dining, Hospitality and Vending Services
- Cal Card Services
- Center for Volunteer Programs and Service Learning
- Commuter and Non-Traditional Student Services
- Conference Services and Convocation Center
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Natali Student Center
- Office for Students with Disabilities
- Recreational Services
- Herron Fitness Center
- Indoor and Outdoor Recreation
- Intramurals and Group Fitness
- Sports Clubs
- Student Association, Inc./SAI Farm/Clubs and Organizations
- Student Activities, Programming and Leadership
- Student Media Services
- Multimedia Access Center (Mac Lab)
- WCAL Radio
- Cal Times Newspaper
- University Housing/Residence Life
- Vice President's Office/Dean of Students
- Class Excuses
- Administrative/Medical Withdrawals
- Student Conduct
- Student Liaison Services and more
- Wellness Center
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education
- Counseling Center
- End Violence Center
- Health and Wellness Education
- Student Health Center
- Student Wellness Support Services
- The PARC (Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center)
- Women’s Center