Are you willing to work to help pay for your college education?
The Work-Study Program at PennWest California can be resource for you. Work-study is a type of financial aid that allows you to earn money while you're studying at PennWest California to assist with education expenses, gain valuable work experience and get a chance to work with faculty, staff and community members.
Who Is Eligible?
Work-study is available to all undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree or professional degree.
PennWest California offers two separate work-study programs:
- Federal work-study, which is awarded only to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Institutional work-study, which is available to all students regardless of need. On-campus work-study jobs are made available each semester, and new opportunities are often added. Work-study positions can be available in academic departments and in other areas of the University, such as the Office of Human Resources, University Development and Alumni Relations, and more.
In order to qualify for work-study employment, you must meet the following criteria:
- File a FAFSA and indicate on question 31 that you are interested in work-study or in both work-study and student loans.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
- Be enrolled at PennWest California least half time.
Once the FAFSA has been reviewed and you are found eligible, you will receive a work-study eligibility award on your financial aid award notice. If you did not indicate your interest in work-study on the FAFSA, you can complete a Work-Study Request Form to be considered for future employment opportunities.
Know Your Options
Work-study is just one of the types of financial aid available to help with college costs. If you follow the steps PennWest California has outlined to help you apply for financial aid and also complete the FAFSA, you'll be able to receive the best possible package to meet your financial aid needs.
The Office of Financial Aid is available to help you understand work-study and all types of financial aid available to PennWest California students.