How Do You Get Experience Without A Job?
How Do You Get A Job Without Experience?
Co-op is a program that gives students in all majors (undergraduate and graduate) the opportunity to gain paid career-related experience as early as sophomore year. The program seeks to apply classroom learning to a professional work experience
Students who co-op have the following advantages:
- Sample/try-out a career
- Confirm or fine-tune career interests
- Earn money for college expenses; all Co-ops are paid
- Apply on-the-job learning to academic courses
- Gain career-related work experience
- Develop professional contacts in career field
- Make informed career plans and decisions
What are the requirements to Co-op?
- Completion of 30 credits (associate - x 15; master's - 6)
- Overall quality grade point average - 2.0 (master's - 3.0)
- Agreement to complete Co-op experience (summer, fall, spring, full-time, part-time)