Student Ambassadors Provide Warm Welcome to Cal U
Student ambassadors serve as official representatives of Cal U at University and community events. Ambassadors:
- Become familiar with Cal U's history, mission and goals.
- Give tours to prospective students and families during campus visits.
- Assist with Homecoming, alumni programs, Commencement, meetings involving visiting dignitaries, Discovery Days/Open House programs and other events during the academic year.
- Promote the idea that pride and involvement with the University is a fun and lifelong commitment.
- Serve the University and community as needed.
It is often said that being a student ambassador is one of the best jobs on campus! These work-study positions assist with events and work in the University Welcome Center during the fall and spring.
Assisting with Orientation
Ambassadors can also work in the summer during New Student Registration (NSR) as NSR leaders.
How Can I Become a Student Ambassador?
A strong selection process ensures student ambassadors reflect well on Cal U. Each student is selected based on his or her program application, recommendations, grade point average and participation and performance in fall Discovery Days events.
In addition, each applicant gives a five-minute presentation so that skills presenting information to parents and students can be evaluated. Students select a theme, based on actual Cal U events, and present during a pre-arranged interview. A list of presentation themes and more information is available in the student ambassador application and instruction packet.
Apply in Person
Students must bring the completed application and apply in person at Cal U's Welcome Center.
University Welcome Center
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Avenue #35
California, PA 15419
Download an application
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.