Prevention Awareness Recovery Center (The PARC)

Site Search

Prevention Awareness Recovery Center

The mission of the Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Awareness Recovery Center (The PARC) is to provide support, services and resources for Cal U students in recovery from addiction to drugs and/or alcohol.

In addition, we direct students to other health care providers when appropriate; provide supportive services and resources for all members of the University community; and develop and implement educational programs that address substance use, abuse and addiction.

About The PARC

The PARC is a safe, worry-free lounge where students may spend time and build supportive relationships. The PARC also offers information about Alcoholic Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other 12-step meetings in the area.

All Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) programs and offices, including The PARC, are located on the ground floor of Carter Hall in Suite G-45, adjoining the Wellness Center.

The PARC is open to all students who are struggling with the use of alcohol and other drugs, as well as students who support the recovery of others or who wish to learn more about addiction and recovery.

The drug and alcohol recovery center at Cal U.

The PARC/AOD Staff and Hours

  • AOD Education Specialist – 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday; 724-938-4775
  • Graduate Assistants – Monday through Friday
  • Student Workers – Monday through Friday
  • Associate Vice President for Student Affairs – 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday; 724-938-4232
  • Office for Students with Disabilities – 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday; 724-938-4012
  • Counseling Center Counselors – 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday; 724-938-4056
  • Wellness Center Staff – Registered nurse available around the clock Monday through Friday, and from 7 p.m.-7 a.m. weekends; 724-938-4232

In case of emergency, call 911 or contact University Police at 724-938-4357 (HELP)

or 724-938-4299.

To schedule an appointment to speak with an alcohol and other drug certified counselor, call 724-938-4056.

A couch with a written quote on the wall that states

You should know …

If you seek voluntary treatment for possible chemical dependency, you will not be penalized in the University judicial system, and you will be welcomed back to the University community after completing treatment.

If you assist a peer in obtaining treatment because he/she demonstrates a threat or potential harm to his/her well-being as a result of overuse of alcohol or other drugs, you will not be penalized in the University judicial system. Do not forsake a friend or classmate who needs help! Contact University Police immediately at 724-938-HELP (4357) or the Wellness Center at 724-938-4056.

Learn about our screening and preventive intervention programs as well as our alcohol and other drug support groups.