Fall 2015 Cal U for Life New Student Orientation
CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance to Cal U! We look forward to your arrival on campus for the Fall semester.
Our Cal U for Life Orientation Program will get you started on the right foot and we promise that you will learn much and have fun doing it!
Cal U for Life Orientation is MANDATORY for ALL new students.
Orientation dates and times
Friday, August 21, 2015 - Move-in Day (main Campus Residence Halls)
- 9 a.m.-noon: Students whose last names begin with letters A-M
- Noon-3 p.m.: Students whose last names begin with letters N-Z
- (Vulcan Village residents arrive beginning August 16, 2015 and arrive throughout the week)
11 a.m-2 p.m.: Move-In Day Picnic- Convocation Center
4 p.m. to 11 p.m.: Orientation Events
Saturday, August 22, 2015 - Orientation Activities scheduled from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, August 23, 2015 - Orientation Activities scheduled from 10 a.m to 8:30 p.m. culminating with New Student Convocation, candlelight ceremony and fireworks!
*University Offices will be open on Friday, August 21st and select offices will also be open Sunday, August 23rd.
Orientation activities include informational sessions and activities designed to ease your transitional anxiety! Topics will include Academic Success, D2L, Time Management, Personal Wellness, Personal Success, Career Services/Internships, Mentoring and many more! CLASSES BEGIN Monday, August 24, 2015.
To prepare for your orientation session and the start of the fall semester you SHOULD:
- If you have not yet submitted your advanced tuition deposit, please contact the Office of Admissions at 888-412-0479 or email email@example.com
- If you do not yet have a schedule for the Fall 2015 semester, contact the Academic Scheduling Center. They will assist you in scheduling your classes. You may do this via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 724-938-1608. Please include your CWID and major in all communications.
If you have any questions or require additional information please contact the Office of Student Orientation Programs by either calling 724-938-1626 or e-mail email@example.com.