Commuter & Non-Traditional Student Services
California University of Pennsylvania Office of Commuter and Non-Traditional Student Services mission is to:
- Support the academic success of the students we serve by providing services, programs and resources that address the needs particular to their populations
- Foster a sense of belonging and connection to Cal U by providing opportunities for students we serve to engage and interact with other campus constituents
- Advocate and inform the campus community about the experiences and needs of the students we serve
The Office for Commuter and Non-Traditional Student Services provides resources, programs and information to meet the needs of off-campus students. Recognizing that traveling back and forth to campus can add additional challenges to your collegiate experience, we want to assist with getting connected to departments and services available to you on campus.
Before and in between classes, there are several locations available for you to grab a bite to eat, enjoy some down time or connect with friends or study group.
As a commuter student, you represent approximately 70% of Cal U’s student population. And although you will be driving to and from campus, we hope that you will take the opportunity to get involved in campus life. Whether it’s joining one of Cal’s 120 clubs and organizations, seeking at a leadership position on Student Government or as a Peer Mentor, take on a work-study position or participate in intercollegiate, club or intramural sport team, we encourage you to participate, as much as you can.
Other Links of Interest to Commuters
Get Involved in Cal U's Commuter Council which provides leadership development, representation and social opportunities for commuters and non-traditional students.
Attend Commuter Meetings
- The Commuter Council meets the first Tuesday of the month at 11:15 a.m. in Carter G05. The Commuter Council helps students to become familiar with services for commuter and non-traditional students. Refreshments and snacks are provided.
Find Events and Activities across Campus.
Looking for Info on Student Parking? Find Everything you Need to Know through the Office of Parking and Transportation.
Inclement Weather Cancellations
- University-wide class cancellations are announced through local media, including KDKA-TV and Froggy radio (94.9 and 98.3 FM). An instructor may cancel a class although there is not a University-wide class cancellation. Know beforehand how to obtain cancellation information from each of your instructors. Also remember to notify your instructor if inclement weather keeps you from getting to campus. Get the Cal U Weather Center Local Forecast.
Have a Suggestion?
- We'd Love to Hear It. Drop Us an E-Mail.