Academic English and American Culture Program
The Academic English and American Culture program at California University of Pennsylvania is designed for international students who wish to enhance their English language ability and/or plan to study in the United States during their academic career.
The program also will serve as an introduction to the United States and its culture.
- Session 1: June 21 - July 17, 2015
- Session 2: July 19 - August 14, 2015
- Combined Sessions 1 & 2: June 21-August 14, 2015
- Session 1: $3125
- Session 2: $3125
- Combined Sessions 1 & 2: $5775
(no housing, meal plan or transportation)
- Session 1: Tuition, extracurricular programming, and trip to DC $ 1575
- Session 2: Tuition, extracurricular programming, and trip to NYC $ 1575
- Combined Sessions 1 & 2: $2850
*Tuition, room and board at California University of Pennsylvania
Roundtrip airport pickup
Academic and cultural programming
- Session 1: Three-day trip to Washington, D.C.
- Session 2: Three-day trip to New York City
Program fees do not include: insurance, spending money or international flight.
Classes will meet for four hours per day, with a break for lunch. Classes are designed to enhance students’ ability in an academic setting. Subjects include:
- Academic Reading
- Speaking & Listening
- Academic Writing
- American Culture
The Academic English and American Culture program features:
- Small, communicative classes
- Highly qualified faculty
- Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Safe campus; easy to walk to restaurants and shopping
- Access to University facilities
- 24-hour Internet access
- Cultural programming two evenings per week, plus Fridays
- Sightseeing in Pittsburgh
- Cultural programming with the Turkish Cultural Center of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game
- Three-day trip to Washington, D.C.
- Three-day trip to New York City
About California University
California University of Pennsylvania is located on 294 acres in the borough of California, Pa., just 35 miles south of Pittsburgh on the banks of the Monongahela River.
Cal U welcomes students from around the world, and it is our desire to assist you in making your educational experience with us as personally enriching for you as possible.
Director of International Programming
Noss Hall, Room 108
Assistant Dean for Student Development
Carter Hall, Room G-32
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.