Visiting Students Program
Live and learn in the United States as a Visiting Student at California University of Pennsylvania.
The Visiting Students program at Cal U lets international students broaden their college experience and supplement the undergraduate programs at their home institutions by studying at Cal U for one or two semesters.
Cal U welcomes visiting students from across the United States and around the world!
Why study at Cal U?
- Wide variety of academic programs, including undergraduate, graduate and online programs.
- Compatibility in specific academic disciplines.
- Beautiful campus with state-of-the art facilities.
- Competitive tuition rates and scholarship opportunities.
- Housing options on and off campus.
- On-campus academic support services, including English as a Second Language.
- Internship and career advising.
- Airport pickup.
- Student mentor for each international student.
- Full range of athletics and student activities, including the International Club. [LINK to separate page, w/ slideshow? See text below ]
- Access to the city of Pittsburgh, including a major airport and cultural activities.
- Easy access to New York City; Washington, D.C.; and cities in Canada.
- Support services and cultural programming with the Turkish Cultural Center of Pittsburgh.
The Visiting Students program is open to men and women who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at another college or university and will have completed at least one full year of college credit by the time of enrollment. The program is designed for second-, third- or fourth-year college students.
Visiting Students may 1take any course in Cal U, so long as prerequisites are met and space is available. See Cal U’s academic programs
We encourage students to have a wide selection of courses ready at the time of registration. Cal U does not guarantee that Visiting Students will be able to enroll in any specific class until the time of registration. See the current course catalogs
Visiting Students must maintain full-time status by registering for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester; students may take a maximum of 19 credit hours per semester. Most Visiting Students schedule 15-18 credit hours (5 to 6 classes) per semester. We encourage students to consult with academic advisers at their home schools, and to select courses carefully so that credits will transfer.
Tuition and Fees
*Tuition: $6,457 per semester
*Fees: $1,727per semester
All Visiting Students will be considered for academic scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $4,000 annually. No separate scholarship application is required.
*Subject to change without notice
November 1 for spring semester; June 15 for fall semester.
Please note: Cal U will waive the application fee and SAT requirement for students from partner institutions.
Interested in applying?
Director of International Programming
Noss Hall, Room 108
Assistant Dean for Student Development
Carter Hall, Room G-32