When University equipment requires repairs, follow these steps:
The department/office must:
- Call the Coordinator of Inventory/Risk Insurance at ext. 4477 or send e-mail, and provide equipment description and bar code number.
- Transport equipment to the storeroom if instructed to do so.
Under no circumstances does the department transport or send the material to the repairing agency.
The inventory/risk coordinator will:
Prepare a shipping memo and send to the purchasing expediter.
The purchasing expediter will:
- Make repair arrangements. The repairing agency will either come on campus to make the repair, or we will send the product to the agency.
- Send a packing list and label to the storeroom if the item is sent off-campus for repair.
Obtain a repair estimate.
The expediter, inventory/risk insurance coordinator and the department will determine if the item is beyond the economic repair value.
The storeroom will:
- Remove the bar code label
- Pack material
- Ship to repair agency
- Replace bar code label when material is returned
- Deliver to the department