State Employees Assistance Program (SEAP)
With today's to-do lists and busy work schedules, who has time to deal with personal problems, especially those that make it difficult to think about anything else?
Now you do, with the expert services available through the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP). Through this program, you and your family can receive no-cost confidential, personal support for a wide range of issues, from everyday concerns to serious problems.
How can SEAP help me?
Whether you want to talk about an issue, seek counseling, find legal resources or get advice about a financial concern, SEAP can help. You have access to online and in-person support for a wide range of personal and work-related issues, such as:
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Managing stress
- Parenting and family concerns
- Aging parents
- Debt problems
- Work-related problems
- Eating disorders
- Physical abuse
- Coping with grief and loss
- Marital and relationship problems
What other kinds of services does SEAP provide?
SEAP gives you convenient access to these and other helpful services:
- Referrals to experienced SEAP counselors
- Legal advice, including free phone consultations and discounted legal services
- Financial counseling for debt management and budget planning
How do I get started?
If you want to ask a question or request a service, simply call SEAP's toll-free number at 1-800-692-7459. You‘ll be immediately connected to an experienced SEAP specialist. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the specialists are master's-level clinicians who are experts in helping people identify the nature of their problems and finding the right resources to address them.
What happens when I call SEAP?
A SEAP specialist will ask a few questions to help you identify the best resource to assist you with your personal situation. If you need financial or legal services, you'll be transferred to an expert in the appropriate field. If you want to see a counselor, the specialist will match you with a SEAP counselor or mental health therapist experienced in helping people with problems similar to yours.
How can Liveandworkwell.com help me?
Liveandworkwell.com is an interactive website with resources and tools to help you enhance your work, health and life. Simply log on to www.liveandworkwell.com and enter "Pennsylvania" to:
- Check your SEAP benefits information and request services online
- Search for clinicians, eldercare services and other resources
- Look up health facts and read articles on work/life issues
- Utilize a host of financial calculators and other interactive tools
- Join interactive discussions, chats and message boards on a variety of health and wellness topics
Does SEAP cost anything?
SEAP provides up to three free sessions with a SEAP counselor for each issue or problem, and the benefit renews each calendar year. However, you must call SEAP to have all visits pre-approved to ensure coverage under your benefit plan.