Vulcan Exceptional Service Award (Spring or Fall)
Overview of Award
This award focuses on outstanding customer service to internal or external audiences (including students, employees, parents and community members). The individual receiving this award:
- Identifies and anticipates customers’ needs and expectations and is proactive in responding appropriately
- Seeks to always improve customer satisfaction and remove barriers that would create a negative customer experience or prevent someone from reaching their full potential
- Even when faced with obstacles and failures, perseveres in helping identify solutions to issues and goes above and beyond to reach a positive outcome
- Demonstrates a supportive and caring attitude
- Consistently exhibits character traits such as: approachability, friendliness, dedication, patience and understanding
Eligibility of Nominees and Who Can Nominate
- All Staff are eligible with the exception of Cabinet members. Employees cannot win the same award in the same year.
- Staff, faculty and students can nominate staff members
- Self-nominations are not allowed
Process for Nomination and Selection
- Complete this form providing as much detail as possible, including specific examples.
- Fall Award – Nominations will be accepted until August 1st of each year
- Spring Award - Nominations will be accepted until December 15th of each year.
- The Office of Human Resources will receive nomination forms and remove nominee names before providing to the employee recognition committee, who will evaluate nominations based on a pre-established rubric.
- Award winners will be announced at Faculty/Staff Convocation
- Questions should referred to the Human Resources Office, 724-938-4427