Vulcan President’s Circle Award (Spring or Fall)
Overview of Award
This award focuses on outstanding job performance through collaboration, a passion for the University or by providing innovative solutions that improve the quality of services or provide cost savings. The individual receiving this award will fall into at least one on of the following areas:
- Builds bridges through collaboration and cooperation (such as consistently offering support, assistance and encouragement to coworkers, sharing knowledge and building consensus, acting as a role model, and developing trust and credibility through open and respectful communication)
- Consistently demonstrates a sincere passion for the university (such as showing a commitment to the university mission, demonstrating pride in the university and promoting university achievements and opportunities)
- Thinks outside the box, providing innovative solutions that improve the quality of services or make processes more cost-effective or efficient
Eligibility of Nominees and Who Can Nominate
- All Staff are eligible with the exception of Cabinet members. Employees cannot win the same award in the same year.
- Staff, faculty and students can nominate staff members
- Self-nominations are not allowed
Process for Nomination and Selection
- Complete this form providing as much detail as possible, including specific examples.
- Fall Award – Nominations will be accepted until August 1st of each year
- Spring Award - Nominations will be accepted until December 15th of each year.
- The Office of Human Resources will receive nomination forms and remove nominee names before providing to the employee recognition committee, who will evaluate nominations based on a pre-established rubric.
- Award winners will be announced at Faculty/Staff Convocation
- Questions should referred to the Human Resources Office, 724-938-4427