Career Fairs and Events
Become a partner in education with PennWest California.
Attend a job fair or career event and hire PennWest California students and graduates!
Each year, a variety of job and career fairs are held on campus or at nearby locations. They offer employers a chance to:
- Gain access to a large number of quality candidates, all in one place.
- Increase your company's brand awareness.
- Meet with nontraditional candidates.
- Network with your peers at other companies.
Recent Career Fairs and Events
When you connect with PennWest California, you can take part in a wide range of career fairs and events, including:
- PennWest California Career Fair.
- PennWest California Internship, Co-op and Summer Job Fair.
- Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair (WestPACS), the largest job fair in the Pittsburgh region for college students and alumni.
- SciMathTech Interview Day.
- WANT Job Fair.
- PERC Education Job Fair.
- Education Interview Night.
- Networking events.
How to Register for Career Fairs and Events
You can register for PennWest California career fairs and events online, even from your phone. PennWest California utilizes Handshake, an online recruiting tool and app, to make it easy to connect to our career events and recruit our students. Simply follow these registration steps:
- Sign up for Handshake or log in to your existing Handshake account.
- Request access to PennWest California in Handshake using these instructions.
- Navigate to the "Career Fairs" page from the left-hand navigation menu and select the career fair you'd like to register for.
- Click "Register".
- Select a booth option.
- Choose "Extra Items" or "General Items".
- Add your basic information:
- Company description.
- Names of company representatives attending the fair.
- If the representatives do not have accounts in Handshake and have not been added to your contact list, add them from this page by selecting "Create It Here".
- The number of representatives attending.
- Select a division. (Learn more about Divisions.)
- List any jobs you currently have posted to that school. If you're not looking to fill a specific position, you can select "I'm not hiring for a specific job right now."
- Note where the positions are located, and if you're willing to sponsor candidates.
- Note the employment and job types you have available.
- Select the criteria you are looking for in potential candidates.
- Select your payment method, and agree to the school's refund policy.
- Answer any additional questions from the career center and click "Create Registration" when your registration is complete.
The Career and Professional Development Center must approve your registration; however, you can view your registration at any time and leave comments or questions about your status for the career center staff.
Contact Employer Services
We are happy to provide support in navigating phases of the recruiting process and building your campus brand image.
Contact us by phone at 724-938-4413 or by email at email@example.com.