Rutledge Internship Award
Guidelines and Application
What is the Rutledge Internship Award? The Rutledge Internship Award is your ticket to an out-of-state internship!
This scholarship provides financial assistance to students from southwestern Pennsylvania who wish to pursue a meaningful, career-related internship (for-credit only) 150 miles from campus who would otherwise not be able to afford to do so.
- Must be from southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students from all majors may apply.
- Must have secured a for-credit academic internship strongly connected to the academic/career goals and major.
- Must be accepted for the internship by the site, which must be located 150 miles from campus.
- Must have secured a non-paid or low-paying internship.
- Must demonstrate financial need by including the budget worksheet as part of the application.
Completed applications are due two weeks before the start of the semester. Please contact the Internship Center at 724-938-1578 or internCtr@calu.edu for the exact deadline date.
- Completed Internship Award Application Form. This application includes an internship award questionnaire (300 words maximum), and a budget proposal.
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation
- Current Transcript (unofficial)
- Current Resume
Please proofread your application materials carefully. To be competitive, applications should be at a professional level, with correct grammar and no typos.
The above application material must be submitted in their entirety to Meaghan Clister, Internship Center, Natali Student Center, Suite 138.
The amount and number of awards given may vary each semester. The award minimum is $500.
- Please do not tie your plans to winning these very competitive awards; it's important to make alternative plans in the event you are not selected.
- While students who have previously been awarded funds may reapply, preference will be given to new applicants.
- If selected, the Rutledge Internship Award is solely applicable to the experience described and cannot be transferred to a different internship.
- Financial Aid income limit cutoffs do not necessarily apply; this is for all students, regardless of parents' income, who nevertheless couldn't afford to do an internship.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and evaluated based upon how well a student has matched the eligibility requirements. Students will receive results via e-mail as soon as a decision has been made.