State Employees Assistance Program (SEAP)
With today's to-do lists and busy work schedules, who has time to deal with personal problems, especially those that make it difficult to think about anything else?
Now you do, with the expert services available through the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP). Through this program, you and your family can receive no-cost confidential, personal support for a wide range of issues, from everyday concerns to serious problems.
How can SEAP help me?
Whether you want to talk about an issue, seek counseling, find legal resources or get advice about a financial concern, SEAP can help. You have access to online and in-person support for a wide range of personal and work-related issues, such as:
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Managing stress
- Parenting and family concerns
- Aging parents
- Debt problems
- Work-related problems
- Eating disorders
- Physical abuse
- Coping with grief and loss
- Marital and relationship problems
What other kinds of services does SEAP provide?
SEAP gives you convenient access to these and other helpful services:
How do I get started?
What happens when I call SEAP?
A SEAP specialist will ask a few questions to help you identify the best resource to assist you with your personal situation. If you need financial or legal services, you'll be transferred to an expert in the appropriate field.
If you want to see a counselor, the specialist will match you with a SEAP counselor or mental health therapist experienced in helping people with problems similar to yours.
How can Liveandworkwell help me?
Liveandworkwell is an interactive website with resources and tools to help you enhance your work, health and life. Simply log on to and enter "Pennsylvania" to:
- Check your SEAP benefits information and request services online
- Search for clinicians, eldercare services and other resources
- Look up health facts and read articles on work/life issues
- Utilize a host of financial calculators and other interactive tools
- Join interactive discussions, chats and message boards on a variety of health and wellness topics