Department of Exercise Sciences and Sport Studies
Dr. McGlumphy is a full professor at PennWest California. He developed and implemented the Exercise Science and Health Promotion Masters Program, which he coordinates, in 2002.
After receiving his graduate degree from the University of Arizona, Dr. McGlumphy was hired as the Head Football Athletic Trainer at Bucknell University. After three years at Bucknell, he was employed as an Assistant Professor for nine years at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pa., teaching undergraduate courses in athletic training and graduate courses in occupational therapy and multimedia technology.
Dr. McGlumphy has served on a variety of Boards (Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society,
Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association, National Athletic Trainers' Association Secretary
Treasurer's, National Academy of Sports Medicine Advisory Board, and many others).
He was inducted into the Pennsylvania Athletic Training Hall of Fame in 2013.
Dr. McGlumphy works every year with NFL teams as an Athletic Trainer. Over the past fifteen years, he has worked with the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles assisting the Vice President of Sports Medicine and Performance. In 2020, Dr. McGlumphy was the COVID Protocol Coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is the former Director of Health Safety for the Carnegie Mellon University Driver Training and Safety Institute, where he created a model program of injury prevention using the sports medicine model of care in industry.
He has served as an Athletic Trainer for the Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Marathon, National High School Wrestling Championships, Pennsylvania Special Olympics Games, Amateur Pittsburgh Penguins and NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.
Dr. McGlumphy was awarded the Pearson eCollege Excellence in Online Teaching award in 2006. In 1997, he was awarded the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Lock Haven University Department of Health Sciences and was awarded the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Service Award in 2001.
- Research in Performance Enhancement & Injury Prevention
- Essentials of Human Movement
- Current Topics in Performance Enhancement & Injury Prevention
- Current Topics in Wellness and Fitness
- Wellness Seminar I
Selected Professional Affiliations and Activities
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) National Advisory Board
- District Executive Council, National Athletic Trainers' Association District 2
- Executive Board, Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association
- Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society (PATS)
- Legislative Chair, Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers Society
- Chair of the PATS Clinical Symposium Committee
- National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) Test Site Administrator for eight years
- B.S.: Athletic Training/Health Science Lock Haven University
- M.S.: Exercise and Sport Science/Athletic Training, University of Arizona
- Ed.D.: Instructional Design and Technology, University of Pittsburgh
Office: Hamer Hall Room 237