Assistant Professor and Director of the Serene Leadership Institute at Cal U
Department of Criminal Justice
Dr. Beverly Ross has training and experience in international and cultural affairs with a focus in conflict resolution and post reconciliation mediation. Dr. Ross holds a Ph.D. in International Psychology, an M.A. in Forensic Psychology, an M.A. in Liberal Studies, and a B.S. in Justice Studies. Ross is certified private mediator and sociological practitioner.
An instructor for California University since 2011, Dr. Ross teaches undergraduate and graduate level conflict resolution and criminology courses. She is the coordinator of the Master of Science in Conflict Resolution, bringing her expertise in cultural and intractable conflict to the program.
Dr. Ross is the director of the Linda and Harry Serene Leadership Institute of California University, and in her capacity has worked to collaborate with other faculty to provide leadership development and opportunities for University students from all disciplines. Since 2012, Dr. Ross has been the academic advisor for Pi Gamma Mu, an international honor society for social science students.
A certified practitioner, Dr. Ross has a private mediation practice in McMurray, Pa., where she focuses on cases referred by the courts for high conflict families, co-parenting mediation, and reunification. Dr. Ross is a board member of the Mediation Council of Western PA, a member of Mediators Beyond Borders International where she works with the Children and Youth Group, and a trained international facilitator for Soliya, an international non-profit organization aimed at empowering young adults to engage in conflict dialogue constructively.
Dr. Ross is the Author of Which Foot Do You Kick With? The Nature of Victimhood Through Narrative Inquiry. This investigation into the intractable conflict of Northern Ireland is explored through Protestant and Catholic narratives post 1998 Peace Accord.
- Director of The Serene Leadership Institute of California University
- Current Secretary of the Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology
- Faculty Advisor for Pi Gamma Mu
- Member APA, AACS, IACPP, AFCC
- B.S. Justice Studies, California University of PA
- M.A. Liberal Studies, Duquesne University
- Certificate Forensic Science, The Cyril Wecht School of Law, Duquesne University
- M.A. Forensic Psychology, The Chicago School of Forensic Psychology
- Ph.D. International Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Organizations and Systems
- C.V.V.C. Certification in Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- C.S.P. Certified Sociological Practitioner
Office: Azorsky Hall Room 118