Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
Dr. Caruthers is a registered nurse providing instruction in both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs at California University of Pennsylvania. She provides instruction for the nursing research courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Prior to arriving at Cal U, she held administrative and faculty positions in higher education. She has an extensive history of working with various research projects. Dr. Caruthers is a pulmonary clinical nurse specialist.
- Treatment adherence, nicotine dependence, impact of nicotine dependence upon health and health care treatment.
Most Recent Publications
- Caruthers, D. D., & Albrecht, S. A. (2015). Chapter 8: Pharmacological treatment of tobacco use: A women's health perspective. In K. Tekoa & M. C. Brucker (Eds.), Principles and Practice of Pharmacology in Women's Health. (2nd ed.) Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett, Publishers.
Professional Service Interests
Dr. Caruthers participates as a community member of the Institutional Review Board of Excela Health. She is a member of the following organizations:
- American Nurses' Association/Pennsylvania Nurses' Association
- American Thoracic Society
- Eastern Nursing Research Society
- Sigma Theta Tau
- BSN: University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- MSN/Clinical Specialist: University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Ph.D.: University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
Office: Morgan Hall Room 255